THE SOUND OF THUNDER-M109G IN VIETNAM - FINISHED

Hi Pals,

I finish working with this model. I have seen that it is a fairly simple kit, without major problems for assembly, with acceptable instructions. As a bonus, you can make several versions, just before the Paladin appears.

Although this is an old kit, modestly I think that you could still get a good result, (I am reasonably happy with it), the only thing that gave me headaches were the main pieces of the turret and helmet, as they were crooked , I imagine that by the passage of time, and the worst, the tracks, which when they were already in place, split, where the hardest (in the curve), although I was able to rectify it quite well.

I have chosen to make a version in Vietnam, because although the kit does not bring that option, I saw some photos (which I include) about this, I liked it a lot.

Thanks to my box of spare parts, it was not a problem.

I thank as always all fellows of the forum who have accompanied me in the assembly process and encouraged me with their comments to improve / continue.

I include a link to the WIP section, in case someone is interested in seeing the post.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas! (If possible ... lol) :santa:

mcbrMUd.jpg

sAO3W46.jpg

l3japOc.jpg

PXsXG5h.jpg

DQKcytk.jpg

sJm2CCr.jpg

uWeURYu.jpg

yoEgv6p.jpg

plHkhRq.jpg

mjvT0l1.jpg

M5HjLgV.jpg

SuYiQrB.jpg

VPhYkCs.jpg

1C1NPPB.jpg

Some shots in detail....

ti58eP7.jpg

rl09Xjp.jpg

KxS3I87.jpg

Gqjl9Li.jpg

And some pictures of real model in Vietman (ALL PHOTOS ARE ONLY FOR INFORMATIVE PURPOSES, AND ALL LEGAL RIGHTS BELONG TO YOUR LEGITIMATE OWNERS)

vLxcxzo.jpg

SlwyPUO.jpg

5eqA8yh.jpg

WN0JZjn.jpg

CNrhnwW.jpg

YITrNzI.jpg

• Like 70

On ‎24‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 06:21, Gremlin56 said:

Great work Francis, weathering is spot on IMHO. Rather curious what your next build will be ;)

Thx a lot for your kind comment,I still do not know what I want to do, I have several ideas, or retouch / improve (I hope ... lol) some old models, previous to my membership in the forum ...

Cheers Julian :santa: