Right then...

A grey filter was put over whole nose yesterday. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Then this morning some black nato camo wash splashed on. 

image.jpg

As it was drying it was stippled on with a sable brush to blend it in. 

image.jpg

Then cleaned up along the panels with a moist pointed brush keep to the top ones darker...

image.jpg

image.jpg

And in black and white- 

image.jpg

tank armour needs to be darker yet, so lather, rinse repeat 😬

image.jpg

Edited by Tony Oliver
Pic order
  • Like 7

About 90% there now. 

Stain/dirt has been worked into a shape that could be mistaken for a camo demarcation at the back end of the top cowl. In this area the two filler caps have been cleaned off to provide contrast, and these will have some streaks added coming off of them along the tank filler cap. Need to wait a couple days for this to dry off properly first and seal it before working with the fuel and oil colours. 

Then some exhaust streaks and final assy. Hope to be done by the end of the week for RFI on Sunday...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 5

So, cowl stains sealed with some satin varnish. 

Next the Exhaust stain was applied. Tried to match pic with top the curve starting from the middle-ish above the pipes. 

I used the new slovakian Mr Paint, very fine pigments. A mix of black white and brown (bought a few basic colors to try out) to make a dirty grey. Added some tamiya flat base to mix, thinned with mr color levelling thinner. 

Nice contrast with the flat stain and sheen of the panels. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

With what was left in the airbrush cup I did some general post shading here and there too, mainly on undersides and from guns. 

Next is a rust wash on the pipes, and a light 'lead' drybrushing on the tips. Then some fresher 'wet' oil and fuel stains to contrast on the cowl grime. 

• Like 9

Wow! Beautiful work Tony!

I'd missed this one the first time around but I'm very glad I caught up with it. If you hadn't said I would of sworn this was 1/48 and the nmf is spot on! :thumbsup:

The standard of your work is really taking off on these builds (pun not intended but a happy accident :lol: ), keep it up. :worthy:

• Like 1

I don't post often these days but this one is too good to pass by. It's a beautiful job all round, but your treatment of the nose panels is brilliant. I have t tell you that I'll be stealing that idea!

Steve.

• Like 1

Right she is now done! 

Pics tomorow for an RFI along with the ones from the Christmas WIP. 

In short along with final assembly, of all probes and prongs etc she had the following work done:

some oil and fuel around nose area worked in with rest of stains. 

Dust and dirt streaks on tires and u/c bays/rads, tailwheel area & wing roots etc. 

Prop blades chipped with some metal and the streaked/faded with a grey filter. Red spinner toned down/faded also. 

Don't sound much but always find these last few things on any build always seem to take the longest!

Thanks for watching & Stay tuned...

• Like 2