Fujimi 1/24 lotust Europe

Hi all this was actually built for the London bus dio but I'm so chuffed with it I thought it was good enough to stand as sole model, I think this is the best I've ever done and can't see how I could improve on it(and unusually it's not old and battered)

20uvh28.jpg

2vmjb0m.jpg

ng8xma.jpg

2uygbq8.jpg

263822d.jpg

• Like 16

Haaa... Rich... I wish.

I was in my early 20's and all my money went on my car.

I was a 'car nut' - my friends spent Fri and Sat eve's 'p-ssing it up the wall' as they used to say.

I spent my pennies on my car because I loved it.

I remember my Europa cost me £900.

Insurance was about £700 - monster money back then when I was earning around £275 a month.

Happy days. It's all relative really.

I just wish I still had my old Europa now.

Roy.

• Like 1

Lovey kit, kp and great colour scheme.

I used to go to work in a mate's white one every other week, and in my Scirocco the other weeks. Always an occasion! Now I have a modern classic Lotus in the garage. Shame nobody makes a kit of the series 1 Elise. I have the Tamiya Europa in the stash. 

Edited by injidup

i remember many years ago I was standing at the busstop and saw the bus aproaching, when suddenly there appeared a VERY low yellow car overtaking it!

T'was a Europe! :D

Thanks for bringing back the memories - especially of how the guy looked when he tried to get out of it in the parking lot - gracefully it wasn't! :winkgrin:

But the car was - and your model it too! :goodjob:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

I've got the Tamiya kit and the HSC Lotus 47GT conversion kit -just trying to pluck up the courage to start it. Fell in love with the car when I saw one in Romford many years ago in "Gold Leaf" colours. The best scheme ever!

I remember regularly seeing one of these cars parked down the road in my teens I live at weekends. I rode a push bike every where, but would usually stop before this car and admire it for a minute or so, before moving on. Was that that sparked me buying a Lotus Elise in better times (wish I never sold that so quickly, was considering a move to australia and mark 2 was coming out so look to sell the mk 1 and ship a new mk 2). I didn't like the Mk 2 in the end

Paul

Edited by paulj

• 4 weeks later...

A friend of mine had one of these. Bought it as a 'runner' through a small ad.

It came on a low loader and as for 'runner', the engine was seized!

It was some kind of Lotus hybrid (of Lotus' own making), where the chassis was initially build to use the older Renault 4-speed box, but Lotus did a cut-n-shut on the chassis to allow it to take the newer 5-speed Renault box.

As with all things British, the chassis was rotten to the core and needed replacing. This was when he found out about the weird hybrid chassis!

Lotus actually took a 4-speed chassis, and performed the same hack as they did originally for him. What's more, they didn't charge him any extra for the surgery.

The story goes on and on... However, after many trials and tribulations, he got it road-worthy. He reckoned that it cost him £4000 to buy the thing, plus about another 5-6 K to get road worthy.

I had a ride in it after he had finished it. What a blast!

Of course, we all know that Lotus is an acronym,,, Loads Of Trouble, Usually Serious.

Fantastic build by the way.

Alan.

• 2 weeks later...