Eurofighter Typhoon- Operation Shader

Eurofighter Typhoon- Revell 1:72 (New-tool)

DSCN2065.jpg

WIP: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235013684-172-eurofighter-typhoon-operation-shader/

Good afternoon everyone!

I picked this kit up at my local model sho, it is the new Eurofighter Typhoon 1:72 kit from Revell. I had already done a 29 squadron anniversary Typhoon so I wanted to do something a bit more beaten up ;)

As for the kit itself, it was definitely a joy to put together- much better than the "old"-tool kit from Revell: the panel lines are crisp, there is no flash present and the fit of the parts made it a doddle to build. I used Paveway guided bombs from an Airfix Harrier GR7/9 and decals were sourced from an Xtradecals set and some pylon/weapons decals from a Revell Tornado GR1.

Disclaimer: I essentially used random serials and a scattering of assorted decals to create this model, it does not represent a specific Typhoon.

-Also, note how at the sides of the fuselage roundel, the squadron makrings have been painted over- that's what i've attempted to represent.

I based this build on a particular photo of a Eurofighter involved in Operation Shader (the RAF's action against IS): 1024px-A_British_Typhoon_fighter_refuels

Credits:USAF Staff Sgt. Corey Hook

Now, for the build:

DSCN2017.jpg

DSCN2019.jpg

DSCN2021.jpg

DSCN2022.jpg

DSCN2024.jpg

DSCN2031.jpg

DSCN2034.jpg

DSCN2037.jpg

DSCN2042.jpg

DSCN2038.jpg

DSCN2046.jpg

DSCN2051.jpg

DSCN2053.jpg

DSCN2062.jpg

DSCN2063.jpg

DSCN2069.jpg

DSCN2067.jpg

(I quite like this image....)

That's it for now, thanks for dropping by! :)

Kind regards,

Sam

Edited by cathasatail
  • Like 13

15 minutes ago, Bobski said:

Good work.

As an aside, the Squadron markings on the real jets are decals that are removed on ops, not painted over. Nice job replicating it though.

Thanks for the correction! :)

Sam

Selwyns really anal nitpic's for the day,  (I really really am getting silly now!)

The Underfuselage missile marking says CATM 120B.

1.  CATM = Captive Air Training Missile  so it should have blue bands on them, not Live warshot round markings like your (correctly I may add!) marked missiles.

2. The missiles on the model are the (correct!)  AIM120C's used on Shader Not 120B's as marked,  (smaller wings and fins on C's!)

3. The PW IV seekers should droop more when the aircraft is on the ground.

And if they are  the only things I could find to criticise on this wonderful build, (and I had to look very hard) you should be very proud of the result!

Selwyn

(very impressed!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Selwyn said:

Selwyns really anal nitpic's for the day,  (I really really am getting silly now!)

The Underfuselage missile marking says CATM 120B.

1.  CATM = Captive Air Training Missile  so it should have blue bands on them, not Live warshot round markings like your (correctly I may add!) marked missiles.

2. The missiles on the model are the (correct!)  AIM120C's used on Shader Not 120B's as marked,  (smaller wings and fins on C's!)

3. The PW IV seekers should droop more when the aircraft is on the ground.

And if they are  the only things I could find to criticise on this wonderful build, (and I had to look very hard) you should be very proud of the result!

Selwyn

(very impressed!)

Again, thanks for the corrections and I greatly appreciate your expertise and comments. 

All I can say in defence is that the aim 120's were sourced from the previous Revell eurofighter kit and (I think) so were the decals. I plan to have another crack at a eurofighter some time next summer, after my A-Levels, with a somewhat more colourful scheme. Perhaps the Battle of Britain anniversary scheme that I already have decals for.

Anyway, I thank you for your suggestions and I shall take these into account in future builds (I should probably do more research too! :) )

Merry Christmas and kind regards,

Sam

• 3 weeks later...

Cracking build Sam,seeing modern jet's like these always  make we want to have a crack at one but I never can get the reasonably

simple colour schemes to look right!

• Like 1