F-16I Sufa 1/72 Hasegawa

Hi fellow modellers,

that's my take on the IAF Sufa built from Hasegawa kit. As the base kit is rather ascetic as far as the underwing stores go, I went for Skunkmodels Workshop IAF Weapons set which sourced out the Pythons 4 and Delillah 2. The Litening II and Lantirn pods came from Hasegawa weapon set no.12, while the AIM-120's and fuel tanks are from the kit. The kit was further enhanced with Aires inlet ducting, wheel bays, the exhaust pipe and Eduard Zoom etched.

All in all not a cheap affair, but I enjoyed the build as the kit went together without problems. It was painted with Gunze acrylics as per instructions except light green which is applicable for older IAF types like F-4 or Vautour. The actual shade should be more pale, so I went for slightly darkened H74 Sky instead. The plane depicts one of the "The Negev" squadron machines.

Be warned tough, being not a hopeless IAF nut I may have missed some features, so please excuse my ignorance:-)

Cheers

Libor

F16I_05_zpspnry2aen.jpg

F16I_03_zpsvyfibaoc.jpg

F16I_04_zpsitouiy8t.jpg

F16I_02_zpstgtsywmp.jpg

F16I_01_zpsgi7df8bv.jpg

• Like 42

Wow, what a phabulous Sufa.  Absolutely stunning build.

cheers,

Zhizhou

Very cool build! the colours are coming out very realistic and the whole model is nicely in proportion (if that makes any sence :) ) Only a really really small nitpick is that you put a lantirn pod instead of a litening underneath it. You can see the side cooling intake is going diagonal, instead of vertical which it should be (for a litening)

Superb build where I only can dream of...

Greetings!

Thanks everyone for comments!

128fiddler: that's correct. the shape of the cooling intake should be vertical, but the Litening is placed on correct place (right side). Hasegawa set seems to be either incorrect or it is a different version of the pod.

Cheers,

Libor

Yet another stunning and fabulous build Libor!

:goodjob:   :mike:  

Just before the Hasegawa kit arrived, I bought all the bits from Isracast and Aires to convert a Revell F-16B into a Sufa, must have spent close to £100... :yikes:   Even without stores, the Hasegawa F-16I is cheaper and I bet is a better build :whistle:

Darren