I didn't expect to get this one finished this year, it is an old Monogram boxing of the F-80C which I picked up at the kit swap at this years' Telford for the princely sum of a fiver.

36FBS%205_zps4wba20d5.jpg

It is pretty much straight from the box with just a aftermarket seat and Aeromaster decals for 49-806 0f the 36th FBS/8FBG  in Korea.

36FBS%204_zpsipwnh88v.jpg

36FBS%202_zpsenflgqy4.jpg

Thanks for looking

• Like 21

34 minutes ago, Thud4444 said:

That is one of the few monogram kits I've never built.  Any good? 

Great looking jet, BTW.

It is Ok , much more accurate that the Hobbyboss kit though probably not as easy a build. The port gun bay door is meant to be posed in the open position so it doesn't fit too well if you close it up and the spilt front and rear fuselage needs some tender loving care.  I do rate these old Monogram kits highly in many cases they haven't been surpassed for shape. I'm doing am F9F-5P Panther next..

Thanks for the heads up.  I left 1/48 for 1/72 when I returned to the hobby,  but those old monogram kits keep calling me.

I love the Panther from Monogram . Watch out for the intakes and the seam on the underside where the wings join the fuselage.  It shouldn't give you much trouble if this one turned out this good. 

• Like 1