Italeri "new" (reissue, repop, rebox etc.) in 2017

Homebee

On 5-11-2017 at 9:53 AM, Albeback52 said:

I know I'm not the only one to comment on the price hikes. I almost ordered a pair of C-27J Spartan kits but balked at paying £45+ each!! Still want them but, time to shop around (or ask my partner to put them on her Crimbo shopping list!!):think:

Allan

When the first edition of the C27J came out i just payed a mere 27,95 euro and at todays rates it is a little less then 25 pounds..

It came out in 2010 wich is 7 years ago and it almost doubled in price:worry:

I was shocked to see those new prices of this repop!!

Nevertheless italeri has nice kits but at todays prices i will skip em, even  the Heller repop of the C135-FR is 10 euros cheaper in comparison of the Italeri ones wich in fact are old AMT moldings...

Edited by janneman36
Spelling
  • Like 1

On dinsdag 7 november 2017 at 9:21 AM, janneman36 said:

I was shocked to see those new prices of this repop!!

Italeri does seem to be pricing themselves out of the market - their prices are on the high side even in the Netherlands, let alone what they will probably be in the post-Brexit UK.   AMK's lovely new 1/72nd Kfir will set you back just a few euro more than the now long-in-the-tooth and rather outclassed Italeri kit, for example.   Still, that's market working for you.   Cheers,   Andre

Edited by Hook
Missed the Kfir discussion on the previous page. :)

On maandag 6 november 2017 at 1:18 PM, Giorgio N said:

That Italeri Kfir has one advantage only over the AMK kit: it's a Kfir Canard, a variant that can't be built from the AMK kit without some surgery (or a donor Mirage III wing).

It can be done - I converted an Italeri C-2 to a Kfir Brick (the initial production standard, without wing dogteeth, nose strakes and canards).

Nothing that putty and sand paper cannot fix.

Cheers,

Andre

I would agree that big H pricing levels are not always indicative of pricing correlation on other markets. E.g. here in Belarus Airfix products can be bought at roughly big H price but Italeri ones are typically cheaper locally. Of course Zvezda or ICM are even more cheap. 

15 hours ago, Hook said:

It can be done - I converted an Italeri C-2 to a Kfir Brick (the initial production standard, without wing dogteeth, nose strakes and canards).
Nothing that putty and sand paper cannot fix.

Cheers,

Andre

It sure can, but not all modellers are inclined to modify the whole leading edge on a model. Now personally I would probably follow your own route to build an early Kfir, but I know modellers who would never attempt such a conversion

15 hours ago, Paul J said:

I noticed the 1/72nd T-45 Goshawk is back... at a big price.... Nearly £30.00quid!!!

OK, my google-fu has deserted me, I can't find mention of this anywhere, I"d be interested to see what markings were on offer. Any chance of a link? :unsure:

Steve.

Hi Steve, Saw this listed on Hannants newe releases list. But it seems to have been pulled from the listing now with the Kfirs I think?Don't know whats going on now.

21 hours ago, Paul J said:

Hi Steve, Saw this listed on Hannants newe releases list. But it seems to have been pulled from the listing now with the Kfirs I think?Don't know whats going on now.

The Kfir is confirmed on the Italeri website and is available on their online shop for €17 (expensive)

No mention yet of the T-45, the only other aircraft is the Typhoon with Italian special markings. This sell at a whopping €30 ! I was initially very surprised by such a price for what is afterall an old and not great kit, but in fairness it comes with a very large decal sheet that would easily cost €15 if bought from an aftermarket brand.

The standard box of the Typhoon is still in their catalogue for a way more reasonable €15, wonder if Italeri is going the Hasegawa way with a number of special boxes issued at higher price while keeping the best sellers available at lower prices.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Giorgio N said:

the only other aircraft is the Typhoon with Italian special markings. This sell at a whopping €30 ! (....) he standard box of the Typhoon is still in their catalogue for a way more reasonable €15

There's a quite logical explanation for the doubled price:

CONTAINS 2 MODELS

http://www.italeri.com/scheda.asp?idProdotto=2678

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hook said:

There's a quite logical explanation for the doubled price:

http://www.italeri.com/scheda.asp?idProdotto=2678

Cheers,

Andre

Didn't notice this at all ! Guess my new glasses are not working that well...

Considering the decal sheet this now becomes a very interesting package... pity that the kit is not really that good

• Haha 1

Well they still do silly pricing as i stated earlyer about the C27J spartan wich was 7 years ago when it came out 27,95 ,  nowadays in the Netherlands this kit is 49,95 and in France for instance i saw these kits for at least 59,95:think: (all in euro's)

And this one doesn't contain 2 kits:lol:

France seems to have higher prices then the Netherlands when i talked to a shop owner over there..he was surprised to see these so cheap!!

Same for the KC135 series, in 1/72 they are the cheapest from Heller while the tooling comes from Italeri these days.....

Nevertheless iff they are smart they reissue the RC135 with the CFM 56 engines.......so you could build a waddo one....

Edited by janneman36

On Monday, November 06, 2017 at 7:18 AM, Giorgio N said:

That Italeri Kfir has one advantage only over the AMK kit: it's a Kfir Canard, a variant that can't be built from the AMK kit without some surgery (or a donor Mirage III wing). Interestingly this kit only remained available for a little time in the days, while the Kfir C2 remained in the catalogue for a long time (and can still be found for a much lower price than this new one.

Interestingly the original box only had decals for the F-21 while this new one includes decals for an Israeli 254 Sqn. aircraft... that I started building many years ago uwing the F-21 kit... oh well, maybe I could just buy the decal sheet from Italeri and finally complete that model.

Regarding price, it's quite high as most recent Italeri kits, however I would not consider Hannant's price as an indication of a typical price... the price on the Italeri website is lower than what Hannants is charging ! Hannants is a great shop but really all their prices are at the higher end of the price range for pretty much 99% of the products.

I should also add that the AMK kits are not easily available in Italy anymore as the importer/distributor closed the relation with AMK for some reason. Now I personally recently bought the Kfir from a UK dealer and got it delivered here for less than what i'd have to pay for the reboxed F-21, so no problem maybe, but other retailers are not so convenient and the typical local price for an AMK Kfir is quite higher than the €17 asked by Italeri. Of course the AMK kit is in terms of quality much superior to the Italeri kit, so the higher price would be fully justified anyway

Giorgio, I just got my AMK Kfir from an Ebay dealer for less than 17$.

• Like 1

Originally a Heller model also released by Revell and both still available on ebay including the Italeri one and I think the Heller and Revell still available from Creative models eg www.creativemodels.co.uk/heller_172_canadair_cl_415-p-3568.html.

No connection with Creative models other than very satisfied customer.

Edited by chrisov
Further info.

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, sniperUK said:

Got the 135A at the IPMS Ireland show ,original AMT boxing for 25 Euro :)

51 minutes ago, Giorgio N said:

Another proof that model shows are a way better place to buy "vintage" or rare kits than online auction sites :)

Indeed, its a shame I don't get to go to them so ebay is the only option, great bargain their sniper. Still saying that I may be getting something else later for a decent price on ebay. 

3 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

Another proof that model shows are a way better place to buy "vintage" or rare kits than online auction sites :)

True but, model shows in any part of Scotland are about as rare as honest politicians!!. For a great many, if not most of us, model shows are simply not an option either due to distance/costs involved/or both of those.. As for the online auction sites, I rarely, if ever bid on anything. Almost without exception bids go higher than I can afford. I tend to stick to "buy it now" or, "best offer" options. At least then I know up front what I will be paying

Allan

• Like 1