Italeri "new" (reissue, repop, rebox etc.) in 2017

Homebee

51 minutes ago, franky boy said:

Hello chaps

On the subject of Italeri repops does anyone know anything about their re boxed Hasegawa Starfighter in 1/48? Expected release date etc.

Sorry if this has been covered here before.

Thanks 

James

3 minutes ago, Creepy Pete said:

Where does it say it will be a Hasegawa rebox? Wouldn't be surprised if it will be the Esci kit.

I'm sure there's another thread in the Rumourmonger that says it's a new tool?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Creepy Pete said:

Where does it say it will be a Hasegawa rebox? Wouldn't be surprised if it will be the Esci kit.

Hi Pete

Think I saw someone else mention it on BM in a different post. I stand corrected if it's not.

James

On 2017-4-1 at 0:07 PM, Paul J said:

Re the Phantom , the CR coded one is captioned as Stenberg. Where is that?? As we all know it should be Soesterburg

Soesterberg, actually. 

And in fact we do have three official mountains in the Netherlands - just about (my Austrian girlfriend is not impressed). 

On topic - I do wonder if Italeri's maijn business model of releasing by now rather long in the tooth molds with just a new decal sheet justifiying the hiked up prices will work out in the long run. 

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 3

CVN-70 Carl Vinson re-released with the extra parts added since the CVN-74 & CVN-75 issues, namely the extra sponsons and armament necessary to build it as comissioned (well most of it anyway, still can't technically do it accurately without GMM photo etch for the correct radar mast).

New and more useful decals too.

http://www.italeri.com/scheda.asp?idProdotto=2631

• Like 1

On 05/06/2017 at 9:45 AM, Antoine said:

Can someone refresh my memory about the Hunter?

Overall quality and accuracy, to start with?

To build it is nice and the detail is up there with more modern kits, I enjoyed the build, as 92 sqn Blue Diamonds Hunter.  Accuracy wise it looked ok to my eyes, but I haven't checked it against sources.

However it does have some weird scaling issues.  The mainwheels and cockpit (particularly the seat) are way underscale, and there is an issue with the separate tailpipe issue, too narrow maybe.  There are aftermarket parts available that correct most of these however.

I was hoping that Italeri may have invested a little bit in this kit and corrected these issues.

Edit,

good thread on building and dealing with the issues here,

Edited by 71chally
  • Like 1

On 06/05/2017 at 09:45, Antoine said:

James (Chally 71) has mentioned the under scale cockpit and wheels, if you can find the Aeroclub correction set it sorts these out.

The tailplane and the rubbing plate are on the wrong place on the fin and the fin bullet is too long, all correctable.

When I built mine years ago I took some advice from a build in a magazine which said to attach the wings to the fuselage halves and sort out any gaps and joint issues there before you join the fuselage halves together, seemed to work for me.

• Like 3

On ‎3‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 00:57, Homebee said:

1/72 - ref.1401 - BAE Harrier GR.3 / Falklands War

Source: http://www.italeri.com/scheda.asp?idProdotto=2621

1401_box.jpg

1401_sprue2.jpg

1401_sprue1.jpg

1401_sprue3.jpg

1401_sprue4.jpg

1401_profiliLR.jpg

1401_decalsLR.jpg

V.P.

I THINK the boxart of the Harrier GR.3 is supposed to depict HMS Hermes in the background, trouble is they've used the recent (since decommissioned) INS Viraat version of her!

Boxart -

resize.asp?path=1401_tavolaLR.jpg&width=800&height=600

Hermes 1985 -

8062319090_49845bdb4e.jpg

Viraat 2016 -

ship.jpg

2 hours ago, 71chally said:

This is still my favourite 72nd Harrier kit (ex mid '80s Esci), even more impressive with that decal sheet.

Six markings options is really good going by modern kit release standards.

Agree on the kit, still a very good kit and even better than the recent Airfix kit from some points of view.

The Italeri decals however seem to suffer from a problem common with this manufacturer: the stencils look overscale. I may be wrong as I've only seen the sheet on this page, but some bits look larger than they should be (red crosses, sling points). Their Sea Harrier also suffers from this (and other inaccuracies).

Of course it may be a problem for me but other modellers may not be bothered

• Like 1

does anyone know if the sm 81 pipistrello is still on the cards to be re released please ,I think I saw something about it but after reading this thred I think I might be getting mixed up with the marsupial.thank you:D

20 hours ago, ocatlub said:

I did not know the Harriers were in the Falklands in 1942!

What, you've never seen "The Final Countdown 2: Count Downer"?

Cheers,

Andre

20 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

The Italeri decals however seem to suffer from a problem common with this manufacturer: the stencils look overscale. I may be wrong as I've only seen the sheet on this page, but some bits look larger than they should be (red crosses, sling points).

I didn't notice, but now that you've said it...

56 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Just seen the price of the harrier GR3. 20 quid at retail, the airfix if reissued would be less than 15 even now. ......

Its only a few months ago you could  get an Italeri dual boxing Falklands War Anniversary of the 1/72 Wessex and Sea Harrier FRS.1 from Big H for £9.99  on offer ... 

BillyD

On 2017-6-5 at 09:45, Antoine said:

here's a very good run down the Academy faults

here's a build which  has corrections made by 'some modelling skill'  plus a resin ejector seat

• Like 1

On 2017-5-8 at 08:24, 85sqn said:

Looks a nice decal sheet for the hurri. More interesting than the Airfix trop.

On 2017-5-8 at 12:17, T7 Models said:

Yes, nice to have a couple of dark green/middle stone options, though I'm fairly certain that scheme B is not No.74 Squadron. I don't recall the Tigers ever using a winged bomb emblem.

Hmm, I don't now there is good evidence for the Middle Stone/Dark  Green,  there is supposition and incorrect AM order,  some discussion here, there is another thread I can't find.

here's an old one on Malta Hurricanes, which mentions it too

The Italeri  kit is not worth getting for decals,  though  you can ask the UK distributor to buy a  set, I was quoted £5 the last time I asked about  some.

I note with 'amusement'  that the Italeri profiles are still more accurate in the nose/spinner than the kit is.

here's a run of as many faults as I could  find (there maybe more, I call it a 'where's wally' kit  the more you look,the more you find)  ,  which maybe of use?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...