Novus Plastic Polish for clear parts

darkstar2k

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share something. I heard about Novus plastic polish before on a blog somewhere and I decided to buy some from Amazon (about CAD$20 for three bottles).

I just used it on my Revell 1/72 Twin Otter. If anyone has any experience building this kit, you'll know the passenger windows don't fit very well at all. I wanted them flush so I sanded the hell out of the sides.

Anyway, so after wet sanding the fuselage halves down with progressively finer sandpaper (400, 600, 1000, 2000) I used Novus Plastic Polish applied with a cotton swab on the windows on one half to compare.

Well, see for yourself...

j2FSmBd.jpg

I might actually finish this model now! :)

The only real bottles you need are Step 3 and Step 2, Step 1 is just to make it shiny, doesn't really repair scratches at all.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Matt, quick tip with Novus polish, No. 1. plastic clean and shine 2. light scratch remover and 3. heavy scratch remover and polishing cloths.

Chances are your NOT going to need No. 3, as, if the canopy's that bad, contact the place you bought it from!

Their cheaper to buy from a plastics / double glazing supplier, got 8oz bottles of each for around £20 delivered, the smaller bottles

are in the £3 - £4 range.

Stockist is:- Bay Plastics Ltd
Unit H1 High Flatworth
Tyne Tunnel Trading Estate
North Shields
Tyne & Wear
NE29 7UZ

for anyone this side of the pond.

HTH

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PhoenixII said:

Matt, quick tip with Novus polish, No. 1. plastic clean and shine 2. light scratch remover and 3. heavy scratch remover and polishing cloths.

Chances are your NOT going to need No. 3, as, if the canopy's that bad, contact the place you bought it from!

Their cheaper to buy from a plastics / double glazing supplier, got 8oz bottles of each for around £20 delivered, the smaller bottles

are in the £3 - £4 range.

Stockist is:- Bay Plastics Ltd
Unit H1 High Flatworth
Tyne Tunnel Trading Estate
North Shields
Tyne & Wear
NE29 7UZ

for anyone this side of the pond.

HTH

Thanks. That helps a lot. Think I'll purchase some on payday.

Matt