Rogue One Imperial Hover tank (may be spoilers!)

Kallisti

The Imperial Hover tank attacked by Rebels in Jedha is based on a CRV(T) Sheilder chassis:

Rq7SHN8Tt2IbMVrsKKdY_Rogue_One_Visual_St

Accurate Armour do a 1:35 Sheilder but its out of production at the moment, go here if you want them to repop it!

https://accurate-armour.com/our-products/135th-kits/k087

k087_1.jpg

• Like 2

Looked like it was on tracks to me when I watched Rogue One.

The chassis one would need would be a Stormer, as that's what the Shielder system is mounted on. You could also just use a CVR (t) chassis (Scimitar, Scorpion etc) as the Stormer is a modernised version if these with an extra  road wheel.

Regardless, I'd love them to re-pop the kit as there is an absolute derth of modern AVREs on the market. 

• Like 1

If you look at the front you see the lockers that are only on the Shileder chassis which is derived from Stormer but had extra bins added. To convert from a Scorpion or Scimitar would be tricky as its  wider (2.76m as opposed to 2.13m) as well as longer with the extra road wheel.

1:12 scale would be about half the size of the old Action Man tank toy which was a Scorpion :)

Alternatively the Stormer chassis is

5.27m long = 44cm in 1:12

2.76m wide = 23cm in 1:12

2.49m tall = 21cm in 1:12

Of course it'd be a bit wider and longer because of all the gubbins they've added...

I think the idea that this was a hover tank was from a poor quality screngrab plus some pics of Lego models,

Looks like they don't understand who the driver is - he should be the bloke with his head sticking out of the driver's hatch!