'Ruddy sand-nav!'

Darby

Started this one in October but only just got around to finishing it due to 'life rubbish' getting in the way and still waiting four days later for the gloss on my Pfalz to dry. Just a simple one with Tamiya LRDG and figures and SAS jeep OOB. No extras involved. Bits of wire used for the antenna and headset. Picture frame for the base with DAS and some gravelly stuff on top. Light outside not great today but hey ho.

Anyway, here it is

DSC00461.jpg

DSC00459.jpg

DSC00457.jpg

DSC00462.jpg

DSC00460.jpg

DSC00461.jpg

DSC00463.jpg

DSC00456.jpg

DSC00455.jpg

DSC00454.jpg

DSC00453.jpg

DSC00452.jpg

• Like 29

That be a graaaand job Darby. A classic pairing, nice and tidy,and one I must do in future. Your  'gravel' and sand is excellent btw, with a natural looking mix of colours and tones and shapes and sizes. What is it made up of?

Rearguards,

Badder

Nice build Darby, you've captured the moment beautifully. I remember the sand in North Africa to be particularly soft in places, our land rovers were forever getting bogged in. I spent most of my time pulling them out with my MLRS. 

6 hours ago, John_W said:

Lovely job.

Cat Litter gravel?

It's some brick coloured scatter (other colours are available) from the model railway section in Antics (other retailers are available). I do use litter (unused) on occasion though.

Edited by Darby
spelling
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have say that I like it as well and have been considering something along these lines as well!

Anyone know if the SAS and the LRDG ever carried out combined operations during WW2?

Alternatively, is there a website that lists the vehicles used by both services?