Hyper mega cannon mobile armor.

22 hours ago, Hunter Rose said:

Its really starting to look powerful! :shoot:

17 hours ago, Thud4444 said:

I like that. I really think the skinny arms make it look more Zeon.

16 hours ago, Will Vale said:

I think the arms look great, it's definitely Mobile Armour now.

Will

Cheers all, Im much happier with it now, so i have finished up one arm. This iss the beam gun with under slung beam saber.

20170430_111419_zpspon3gy0b.jpg

20170430_111253_zpsizdsuulg.jpg

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 3

Getting close to finished all parts for this now, making sure they fit together before I have to come up with a display base, so then I can make a start of gluing it all together. Then I have to decide on a colour and a name?

20170502_063831_zpss47fo0tb.jpg

20170502_063746_zpsp0548kh7.jpg

• Like 1

On 02/05/2017 at 3:31 PM, Gimme Shelter said:

this is such a great design and home grown build - top marks for ingenuity - great things are made from the everyday left overs around us.

Thanks really glad you like it.

So work done this week has me at the point were i think i have finished all the parts and its looks like this. I think i will put it to one side for a few days and see how i feal.

20170503_204953_zpsmlz4gnhs.jpg

20170503_203549_zpsuy2icwch.jpg

• Like 5

So great, it fits right in with other MA while still being its own thing and not a copy. 

The million dollar question is now what colour are you going to paint it? There are no wrong answers :)

Will

• Like 1

What colour to paint this has been doing my nut in, but have just found a red Kshatriya the main hull I have used and I dont think I like it in red, so Im back to green at the moment but still wandering if I should do it some other colour? 

RED COLOUR  HERE

So i have orded a little 1/250 zaku to give this some scale and have mixed two possible colours. The green i will use on the Zaku and the dark grey/blue is a mix i made for the guns but now I'm thinking of using it as the main colour, add some blue and white and i might have an alternative MA colour.

20170507_212745_zps0bkshbzq.jpg

• Like 1

Asked a friend of mine that does a lot of fan art for transformer stuff if he wouldn't mine doing a bit of line art for this build and this his is WIP sample he gave me today, I think its bloody amazing.:DB):D cheers Paul.

It just a photo of a print out at the moment as hes not finished.

20170509_084210_zps8wedclkw.jpg

• Like 2

Scale size of the Zaku next the HMC.

I  had another go at using the Alclad base for pre shading, as you can see it splatters all over the place even at 10 psi, I hate the dame stuff! I will probably spray over the rest of in now with the black and then add some light blue/white for the post shading later.

20170510_225138_zpsercnrqnx.jpg

• Like 2

Line art all finished and i must say it make my bashing look a lot better than it should.

We now also have a name and a few specs of the MA.

T%20Shirt%20Blueprint%20Hyper%20Mega%20C

and Paul has put the line art up on teepublic as well.

Black line art

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/1597825-gundam-hyper-mega-cannon-black-line?store_id=76607

White line art

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/1597850-gundam-hyper-mega-cannon-white-line?store_id=76607

Tron line art.

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/1597839-gundam-hyper-mega-cannon-tron-line?store_id=76607

some of Paul's other art work,  https://www.teepublic.com/user/draconis130

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-5-12 at 8:15 AM, Hunter Rose said:

Thats a pretty cool piece of artwork dude

On 2017-5-12 at 8:21 AM, Gimme Shelter said:

this really is incredible modelling

Thanks for the kind comments,  it could be a lot better but as my first time building my own project im very happy with it and have 2 or 3 plans for my next one but for now i have a colour and made a start on a bit of paint. 

Well i haved ended up going red after lots of different options. I will be mixing it up with some browns as well thought.

20170527_232815_zps7wczlaf2.jpg

Still a long way to go with the ted yet.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

So all my photos are blacked by photobucket as they are holding them to ransom, they want me to stump up $400 every year so they can get f.......d. I have moved over to flickr for now.

Making a start on paint this and after much indecision im going with a much simpler paint job, as an MA should be all red with a grey frame.

20170702_105310

Arm's and outer shell done and i need to do more of the inner parts now.

• Like 4

I had a few evil dry transfer things, i hate using then but for this build they will do so just put these two on for now. The yellow one is just a bit of centre which is a bit annoying but i can not move it now so it will have to stay like that.

The lighter red under the shell will get a coat or 3 of smoke to darken it as well.

2017-07-08_08-56-42

• Like 2

Once this is finished i will only have 2 thing on the WIP shelf. Time to start an other scratch/kit bash project i think. Im thinking a 1/35 scale Zaku bust or a Mars Hopper ball like Randy Coopers, both well out of my skill set but thats what YT is for.