Canada's modern yellow peril - CH 149 Cormorant

I eventually finished this a few months ago but just realised i hadn't posted an RFI. This is the Italeri 1.72 version. The kit is not accurate for a modern version so I attempted to correct and update it. There are numerous mods, some enhance it others are a bit meh, I have worked with these aircraft over the last few years and that spurred me to add as much detail as possible. A list of the main mods are-

Complete build of cabin with sound proofing, seating and SAR cabinets

New tail rotor

Heat blankets

Numerous aerials

Double rear wheels

Modified ramp

Modified sponsors

Scratch built hoist

Scratch built nightsun

Aluminium tube exhausts

And many more, I'll post a link to the WIP when I find it! Decals are from Belcher Bits and paints as ever are Model Master acrylics. The cockpit framing was done with electrical tape but over time it has slipped and needs redoing. 

Whaddya think????

20161025_184621_zpsyismovpj.jpg

20161025_184642_zpsxxqtksru.jpg

20161025_184608_zpsptd6qupj.jpg

20161025_184520_zps0suwkepm.jpg

20161025_184658_zps499feuul.jpg

20161025_184716_zps8lc4twmp.jpg

20161025_184449_zpsqwqbl2ya.jpg

And for what it's worth the fully detailed interior. It's there believe me lol!

20161025_184412_zpsghgpera3.jpg

Photos aren't great as they are taken with my phone in a dingy basement. Not my best and it looks a little messy to be honest but glad it's over and does look fine amongst my collection.

Cheers now

Bob

• Like 27

Don't know these up close, but saw a couple while out there. One flew over Peggy's(quite the sound), One at the Summerside airshow(think it was 905). This looks quite good from my point of view, didn't realize there were so many mods.

Edited by busnproplinerfan
  • Like 1

That is one lovely, colourful Cormarant Sir and I would be pleased if it was in my small collection of SAR birds. Keep up the great work. :clap2::viking:albamac.......frustrated Norseman

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

7 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Look's superb Bob well worth the extra work lavished on it,hope you post the WIP I still have this kit to build.

I have dug the dark depths and found the WIP, cant believe how yellow the original kit was!

4 hours ago, Ragtag said:

That looks great, I really need to finish my RAF whif SAR Merlin. Do you have any more interior shots? :)

I cant really get any decent interior shots, like I said I am only working with a phone camera. Even in real life you have to really squint to get a decent look, hopefully the WIP below will give you an idea of what's in there :D

• Like 2

Very nice. I like your modification of the tail rotor to the ATR version. Simple to do but a feature of the Canadian aircraft. When fitted it does massively reduce maintenance and produces a deeper sound. Most of the RN heaps are being refitted with them. 

Edited by pinky coffeeboat
  • Like 1

On 20/12/2016 at 1:04 AM, moaning dolphin said:

I eventually finished this a few months ago but just realised i hadn't posted an RFI. 

:yikes: Good grief, how can one forget to post an RFI???  

So glad you remembered, that's a beauty, the aluminium tube exhaust really make a difference and so nice to see a Merlin in something other than grey or green. :goodjob:

Darren

• Like 1

Superb finish.

This color scheme always gets attention at the display table.

Regards,

Dirk/The Netherlands.

• Like 1