I got up into the workshop earlier for the first time in nearly a month.On-going ceiling re-build and then I take ill when its finished..typical.

She's still sitting there looking pretty and work will re-commence soon.

Richard

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Did a wee bit of work on the Shackelton MR1A this morning whilst Dino sat there and gave me dirty looks so when the Shackelton was drying I turned my attention to her.

I'm trying out a type of modelling clay to sculpt the feet so I'll let you know how that goes.

May I seek your advice please?

Is the line where the black meets the green too defined?

On real skin would it be a bit more blurred?

Should I feather the edges?

Thanks

Richard

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody answering my questions?

The model clay I was using is called 'DAS' and I am pleased to say that it has worked fine.

I was up the loft earlier pottering about and gave her claws a wee bit of a makeover.The stuff sands nicely.

The clay seems to have stuck well to the leather skin. Wish I had tried this first instead of wasting loads of Milliput!

Didn't bother with photos as nothing much to see yet.

Life still interfering with modelling so don't hold your breath waiting for the next update.

ok, I'll suggest;

yes to all three

eyes; have you done them yet?

I would paint the eyeball pale yellow, put a dark green ovalish centre and within that a yellow or orange vertical line [a bit like a crocodile eye]

On 28/04/2017 at 8:53 PM, Black Knight said:

eyes; have you done them yet?

Started on them. Have made lots of little discs and ovals using PVA drops on glass. I like the idea of the croc type eyes so we'll see how that goes.

Despite all the repairs to the ceiling (really a rebuild after asbestos removal) being finished I haven't had much time to do any modelling due to family and work stuff getting in the way.

Having had a superb input from WyvernS4 her colour may yet change.

Hopefully she'll be ready by Christmas (No pressure then only 239 days!):smile:

Richard

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Where did the last month go?

So having climbed up into the workshop and started pottering about as one does after a break,I decided that I wasn't happy with how she looked.

No photographs at moment but to update you,she has lost the black stripes and the 'headdress' and gained new feet .

She is overall green except for her belly which is tan at moment but may end up like a fire-bellied toad's.

Hope to have photos tomorrow

Well here she is and I'm not sure if this is where she will stay as she has served her purpose in getting the old mojo back..let me know if she should go into hibernation,continue to evolve or be struck down by a catastrophic event.

DSCN2650_zpsatf46mpc.jpg

• Like 2

20 hours ago, spaddad said:

Are you sure you have started enough projects!

Apart from the Shackelton they ( and 6 more ) were all stalled builds from the shelf of doom.

I think the dinosaur will evolve very slowly rather than hibernate or die..Mrs Plastix will probably give me a row if I abandon it now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scimitar said:

Apart from the Shackelton they ( and 6 more ) were all stalled builds from the shelf of doom.

I think the dinosaur will evolve very slowly rather than hibernate or die..Mrs Plastix will probably give me a row if I abandon it now.

YUP!!!!  :dinosaur:even tho' I've just started my own shelf of doom with that dratted Schwimmwagon!... Just pick one of your projects and motor on while you're in the zone.

1 minute ago, Mrs PlaStix said:

Just pick one of your projects

I promised myself that I wouldn't start another kit until I had finished at least one but then the Mig E-155M arrived. See me..no willpower!

If you scroll down to the quarry story on this link. I fell off that  cliff face as a 12 year old when a slab gave way. Just think,if I hadn't  fallen I may have found a dinosaur.

Mind you I did see the Blue Angels with their Grumman Tigers staging through the 'drome as I was off school due to multiple fractures in my right arm so that was almost worth the pain.

http://www.lossiemouth.org/heritage.html

• Like 1

Thought you were going to say "Mind you I did see the Blue Angels with their Grumman Tigers whilst I was lying all broken and concussed at the bottom"

See me..no willpower! - No kidding!

Edited by spaddad
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just in case there is anybody out there who is still interested..here's an update.

She survived hibernation and has moved to a new area (She now lives in our wee model club premises and will be worked on slowly but surely.)

As you can see her photographs didn't survive the hibernation and as I have neither the time nor the inclination to try and sort that out ,I'll probably just start in due course from as she is now.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I can't believe that it was 10 months ago that I added something to this. (No Spaddad..she survived her hibernation!)

I wasn't happy with the spiked tail end so changed that. Her head has been stripped back as that too needed to be changed.

As you can see from this shot,the proto-feathers are slowly covering her.

Ignore the feet..that was me just playing around..they're too cartoonish for the final cut!

I've run out of ideas of what her head should look like.

Remember she is to be a female in full display.

I'd welcome your input.

a2e610fc-e4f9-42b6-b68c-aa31bae1bcfc.JPG

• Like 2

I was gonna ask you'd done for the texture and then I flipped back a few pages and found pine needles?  

Really?

I'll have to say it looks quite effective actually.

Sort  of a vicious krimbo tree. 

(BTW your old piccies aren't showing, to me at least..)

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Tzulscha said:

(BTW your old piccies aren't showing, to me at least..)

Sorry they fell victim to the great photobucket hold-up!

Yes pine needles and every damned one stuck on individually.

2016 Christmas tree now nearly finished but fear not,I have a bag of them from the 2017 tree.

I am trying to get something that doesn't look like a porcupine or a bird but somewhere in between. 

The head is bothering me and my first attempt to have a display crown (like a peacock tail display) didn't work.

You are all very quiet with ideas!

I hope to have some better pics after the club on Thursday when I will use a camera instead of an old phone.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya! Sorry I've been away so long, but I've spotted that you're back creating your lovely beastie... I've decided to go back to dinos to get back into building - Life really gets in the way sometimes - doesn't it? If all goes to plan I may finish some of my vehicles eventually too... The Vulture idea is sound.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...