This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

8 hours ago, spruecutter96 said:

why would a hologram have a Spanish accent?  

Possibly it was an option in the setup menu. My sat nav has an annoying American accent I wish I could change.

9 minutes ago, John_W said:

My sat nav has an annoying American accent I wish I could change.

Mine is currently sporting a most fetching Irish lass telling me where to go. It's quite lovely. (At least I picture her as being quite fetching.) You'll have options somewhere in the settings no doubt- the trick is finding them!

Just watched this today and overall an enjoyable film. Visually impressive and enough references to the first film to keep the fan in me happy.

Go and see it if you haven't already.

Stuart

I do remember Philip K Dick being interviewed at the time and saying how disappointed he was with the 1982 original.  (He may have expressed his disappointment more colourfully).  The Philip Marlowe style voiceover was a bit cringe-worthy...

I found the film really disappointing, I am a huge fan of the original but this one was rather thin on plot, it was too long, drawn out, and the soundtrack was terrible, it seemed more like an introduction to a series. Not impressed.

Cheers

Dennis

I haven't seen it yet but my oldest two(19 & 22) went & saw it over the weekend having watched my copy of the original the night before, they both said they really enjoyed it. They're into their sci fi (?) & don't mind saying a thing is :poop:if they think it is.  Just their opinions of course, but I'd go & see it on their recommendation.

Steve.

This is one of the few sequels that IMO work as well, if not better in some parts than the original. Of course the question that needs to be asked is WHICH original?

According to the director its a sequel to the theatrical release - so the voiceover version, not the later director's cuts. This is important as (without putting in too many spoilers) it determines whether certain topics and questions are dealt with and resolved or not in this sequel. Answers to those questions I will leave to the viewer - personally I was very satisfied.

I really enjoyed this movie - the soundtrack was an excellent homage to the Vangelis score, the anachronisms retained from the original brought a smile to my face - remember, this is not OUR future, this is a future of the 1982 movie and all the assumptions made about the future in 1982. The holographic companion idea was very nicely handled and I think I now understand the use of Peter and the Wolf music, but that explanation contains too many spoilers to go into detail.

The visuals were a delight and faithful to the original vision and the cameos fitted in well. Another scene with a predominantly CGI character (I'm trying not to give too much away), was done very subtly and avoided some of the pitfalls that Rogue One fell into with Peter Cushing and Carrie Fisher's recreations.

Thumbs up from me.

Big thumbs up from me too. Faithful to the original without compromising it's own originality. Too long? Maybe for some, but it was three hours that flew by for this cinema goer.

Star Wars it isn't, which is perhaps why the takings have been down, but I didn't want another Star Wars movie. What I got was a visually stunning and immersive piece or art. It has to be seen on the big screen, or even better, IMAX.

This Bladerunner fan came away very happy. Even the wife loved it!

I must admit, the sky over London on Monday afternoon made me think we were in Blade Runner....

I thought the film was great, the soundtrack was superb and lifted the movie. Going to see it again next weekend

Paul

I went to see this with slight reservations as the original is still one of my favourite films.

I must say I did like it.