That is a very impressive Fw190! The build and finish, especially considering it's 1/72, is awesome! I thought it was 1/48 at first! Very well done indeed! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FalkeEins said:

..very neat and tidy! Love the subtle weathering too. Well done on the gear leg stencils...£30 you say - that was well done. What did you start at ?

Yeah they were on the eagle cals sheet. Not seen them anywhere else. The planes markings are jg 301. I start all my builds at 99p when selling on ebay and let the market decide how much they are worth. Win some lose some, but had a 1/48 eduard a8/r2 go for £91 as well when this one sold, will be doing an RFI for that tomorrow... 

Edited by Tony Oliver
  • Like 1

Fantastic work, :clap2:

Cleanly finished and realistically weathered... what more do you need :D

How is the Eduard kit? I've got a A3 Tamiya kit to build and I was eyeing up these new Eduard ones too. Looks really nicely detailed.

5 hours ago, Squibby said:

Fantastic work, :clap2:

Cleanly finished and realistically weathered... what more do you need :D

How is the Eduard kit? I've got a A3 Tamiya kit to build and I was eyeing up these new Eduard ones too. Looks really nicely detailed.

Its very nice mate. Get one and get stuck in! Have a dozen or so in the stash now and been selling off my 1/48th eduard 190's. 

mjw models (Mikemx on this forum) have a variety of these 72nd wurgers in stock and cheap too. 

What a terrific paint job. i can hardly believe it's only 1/72nd scale.  Just one point though.  I am not an expert on this area, so correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't JG301 have yellow and red Reich Defence bands?

• Like 1

What a terrific paint job. i can hardly believe it's only 1/72nd scale.  Just one point though.  I am not an expert on this area, so correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't JG301 have yellow and red Reich Defence bands?

Yeah mate your guess is as good as mine, thought that was the case too... just going off of what the decal sheet said. Perhaps its an older editon (jg301 = white/green) and newer information has come to light as in what we are now familiar with jg301 = red/yellow. 

Will dig it out later and see what it says... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

6 minutes ago, Tony Oliver said:

Yeah mate your guess is as good as mine, thought that was the case too... just going off of what the decal sheet said. Perhaps its an older editon (jg301 = white/green) and newer information has come to light as in what we are now familiar with jg301 = red/yellow. 

Will dig it out later and see what it says... 

Apparently per Jerry Crandall, this was an experimental RV band coloration trialled on a JG301 machine.

• Like 1

⬆️⬆️⬆️   There we go!! 

I think if my memory serves me correctly its one of the reasons I chose this scheme, cause not seen the white and green before, plus was an easy clean demarcation camo line with minimal mottle for a quick build. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Txt says experimental schwarmführer ID, like an all white tail. 

Damn I'm thorough. Checked the above build pics after reading the txt again and noticed I even did the half over-painted lift here stencil on the edge of white band! (Cut the decal) 

Edited by Tony Oliver
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

Thanks for the info.  Never knew about these type of  Schwarmfuhrer markings.  Presumably the idea as dropped due to the similarity with Reich Defence bands. 

I 'blogged' this 190 with pic here

http://falkeeins.blogspot.fr/2015/04/iiijg-301-fw-190-8.html