Revell Embreaer 195

Good day to all!

Earlier this year I got the new Revell Embreaer 195 which was poorly molded. It was buildable with wheels up but I was a bit peeved so sent off a cheeky complaint and requested two complete new sprues.......and gues what! They arrived a couple of months later, and were well cast, so BZ Revell. I was banking on a complete kit and did have a scare when looking through and saw a clear sprue included but no canopy, I thought 'You cheating....' but then found the canopy rattling around the bag so top marks :D. So have a nice new kit but negative decals (not a problem as my previous version used the kit decals) and I really fancy doing an Air Canada version. Having done research I could only find decals for a 175, so that leads to 2 questions.....

A. Any one know of any Air Canada decals for a 195? or...

B. Is it easy to convert the 195 to a 175?  I believe the 175 is just a shortened version of the 195, so can I 'just' cut a 20ft lump out or is there more to it. Your collective input and guidance is much sought after.

Bob

PS Just to clarify this wasn't a complete 'blag' for a new kit. I did have to provide pictures and proof of purchase then I left it to Revells discretion

OK I have done a little more research and it appears the wings, tail planes and engines(?) are different so to go to a 175 is quite difficult. But AC don't fly 195's any way! they fly 190's so I need to reduce the cabin by about 8ft, anyone know where this extra 8 foot is located? I think everything else is the same, including the engines. Any further input???

Bob

There have been rumours about Revell producing an E190 of their own.  I don't have a kit to hand but I believe some of the parts are labelled E190/195 and it was mentioned on another thread that Danny Coremans of DACO Products (who did the decals for the E195) has confirmed that Revell have plans "in the next couple of years".

If you do build an E190, Air Canada decals are available from V1 Decals

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Skodadriver said:

There have been rumours about Revell producing an E190 of their own.  I don't have a kit to hand but I believe some of the parts are labelled E190/195 and it was mentioned on another thread that Danny Coremans of DACO Products (who did the decals for the E195) has confirmed that Revell have plans "in the next couple of years".

If you do build an E190, Air Canada decals are available from V1 Decals

I have decided to convert to a 190, the process above looks simple enough (famous last words!) and I don't fancy waiting for another kit to show up so the challenge is on........ Oh and have also ordered the decals above, thanks for putting the link in :D

Bob

Thats good news about the replacement parts and full marks to Revell for their assistance. A couple of weeks ago I bought another E195 kit and can happily report that it is sink mark free. Neither the wheels, wing tops nor even the engine intake pieces show any sink marks. It must have been an initial problem with the moulding as I think it was mentioned here that Revell were having problems at that time (roughly when the Shackleton was due for release).

As to the future release of the E190 from Revell, as Dave mentions it has been confirmed in several places not least inside the model wing where the legend 'Embraer ERJ190/E195 1:144' is scribed!!

20161219_172629.jpg

And hopefully not hijacking your thread, here is a preview of the reason I bought another E195 - decalling started with Boa Decals sheet. The windows will be represented by Authentic Airliners photo real windows. I think I'm becoming a convert to decal windows based solely on the manufacturers complete inability to provide flight deck transparencies that actually fit!!

20161219_172748.jpg

This is a work in progress, as the engines are just in a primer coat and are waiting for the top coat of Halfords app white. And why I needed to buy another kit to do this scheme is a mystery to me - why didn't I just use one of the many in the stash?!

I'm looking forward to the E190 release to model a couple (or more) of the jetBlue fleet.

Jeff 

Edited by pinky coffeeboat
Correctly quoting the actual scribing on the wing.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, RichardPrice said:

While this is being talked about, if anyone has any spare engines from one of these, I could exchange them for some beer tokens...  I have a quad engine what-if coming up and dont want to ruin a perfectly good second kit just for its engines.

Nice idea....unfortunately Air Canada don't have a fleet of E190 gliders so will be needing mine but if my existing one or the AC ever decide to do their own unpowered vertical flight downwards, then I'll give you a shout :D

Bob

The conversion drawing posted earlier is incorrect.

Compared to the 195, the 190 is 1 window frame shorter at the front and 2 window frames shorter at the rear. Here's a corrected drawing:

E195-E190conversion%20copy.jpg

Scott.

• Like 1

Thanks Scott, I remember thinking the conversion drawing wasn't correct when it was discussed over on another forum. My LOT E195 was progressing well until I applied the right side cheatline - it seems to be a few millimetres too long as the upper cross stroke of the T is almost touching the windscreen. Just providing a heads up for anyone about to use this sheet. Beyond this, both the Boa sheet and the kit decal sheet performed brilliantly. 

Jeff 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scott Garard said:

Compared to the 195, the 190 is 1 window frame shorter at the front and 2 window frames shorter at the rear. Here's a corrected drawing:

Thanks for posting that clarification! Looks like that rear cut needs to be very careful!

Bob

• 2 weeks later...
On 19 december 2016 at 5:57 PM, Skodadriver said:

... it was mentioned on another thread that Danny Coremans of DACO Products (who did the decals for the E195) has confirmed that Revell have plans "in the next couple of years".

Change 'years' into 'months' … the kit decals for the new Revell E190 have been designed already...

Danny Coremans

DACO Products

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, daco said:

Change 'years' into 'months' … the kit decals for the new Revell E190 have been designed already...

Danny Coremans

DACO Products

That's interesting, are you able to say which versions?

On 2016-12-19 at 10:26 AM, RichardPrice said:

While this is being talked about, if anyone has any spare engines from one of these, I could exchange them for some beer tokens...  I have a quad engine what-if coming up and don't want to ruin a perfectly good second kit just for its engines.

Talk to Densil at Welsh Models. He'll sell a spare set of engines designed for his 190 kit for the proper inducements. Since they're slightly different from the Revell mouldings, perhaps you may wish to order 4.

5 hours ago, Jessica said:

Talk to Densil at Welsh Models. He'll sell a spare set of engines designed for his 190 kit for the proper inducements. Since they're slightly different from the Revell mouldings, perhaps you may wish to order 4.

Just to make you aware that Densil's wife is unwell at the moment and he is having to devote some time to looking after her so you may not get an immediate response.

On 30 december 2016 at 8:22 PM, moaning dolphin said:

are you able to say which versions?

Lufthansa Regional, and this is pure to avoid long-time-consuming license negotiations that other airliners tend to take...

But the stenciling is standard for all E190s, so the sheet is always usable

Danny

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2016 at 1:43 PM, buzz said:

According to one source, the 190 is supposed to be available in March, kit # 03937 (Lufthansa).

What a shame, I already made a 190 out of my 195!!!!! Ain't it always the way! Currently on hold

for decals.---John

31567384824_db9044092f_o.jpgERJ195 20 by jvandeu53, on Flickr

• Like 2

Nice choice.

Nazca Decals and Authentic Airliners are the only people I'm aware of who produce jetBlue E-jet decals. Whenever it's released by Revell, I'll get a pair (or more) just for jetBlue colours but I'll be closing the lazy route unlike your excellent effort. 

Jeff 

Edit: realised I've just repeated what I wrote a few posts above. 

Edited by pinky coffeeboat

• 2 weeks later...