Eduard Me109e.

Hi folk's just before she goes into the loft here's a recent build for the MTO GB the kit is well known to most and is a cracking build a bit

fiddly in places I really don't like the individual exhaust stubs but as it's my third go at the kit they must be doing something right!

A Libya based aircraft it retained it's European scheme before the sand/green mottled scheme worn later.Thank's for looking.

DSCN4274_zpsiuogbmuc.jpg

DSCN4275_zpsslm4ohmh.jpg

DSCN4279_zpsstr1ntgp.jpg

DSCN4282_zpsw1g2jrwz.jpg

DSCN4276_zps8zj1cgwr.jpg

DSCN4280_zpspcvkpow8.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 37

Hello,Steve - My full compliments to you on a beautiful looking build of your 'Me109'. I love the quality and detail of the painting and finishing work and it's a testament to your modelling expertise.

Seasons Greetings to you. :santa: 👍 All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mcdonnell said:

Hello,Steve - My full compliments to you on a beautiful looking build of your 'Me109'. I love the quality and detail of the painting and finishing work and it's a testament to your modelling expertise.

Seasons Greetings to you. :santa: 👍 All the very best,Paul.

Cheers Paul,I think you missed this one I think it might be right up your street!

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235013603-airfix-oldiemd-banshee/

and Academy's F4 jolly roger's will be a 2017 build too.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Ian Suds said:

Another excellent build Steve.

Many thank's Ian,I,m having a go with Hobbyboss 1/48 F should be finished in about a week,nice kit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Ian Suds said:

Look forward to seeing it. 

Just a little more work Ian and should be done,It's a mid war scheme with a similar mottled finish to this one.

3 hours ago, BIG X said:

Wow - I seemed to have missed this - before you popped it in the loft - what is the final varnish coat? Satin?

It's Humbrol matt coat but thinned for the airbrush with white spirit which gives a slight sheen.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, stevej60 said:

It's Humbrol matt coat but thinned for the airbrush with white spirit which gives a slight sheen.

Amazing what you can achieve with an airbrush - when I used Humbrol matt coat it simply turned everything white - almost like a plane on a frosty day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BIG X said:

Amazing what you can achieve with an airbrush - when I used Humbrol matt coat it simply turned everything white - almost like a plane on a frosty day.

The rattle can version ruined a couple of my builds I use the small bottles which if thinned give the same finish using a flat brush .

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Michael K said:

Hello Steve ,

A perfect 109 !!!  Excellent painting and mottling .

I love it

Thanks for sharing with us

Michael

Thank's Micheal,I want to build more Luftwaffe aircraft this year I have just started Revell's 1/32 Heinkell 111 and nearly completed a 109F

and FW I90D in 1/48 with Trumpeter's Me 262 about to be started.

26 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Thank's Micheal,I want to build more Luftwaffe aircraft this year I have just started Revell's 1/32 Heinkell 111 and nearly completed a 109F

and FW I90D in 1/48 with Trumpeter's Me 262 about to be started.

Hi Steve,
Is the Me 262 kit also in 1/48?
Do you have it already and can you tell already something
about the quality of this Trumpeter kit?

I also plan to build the Trumpeter 262 in 2017?

Thanks
Michael

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Michael K said:

Hi Steve,

Thanks
Michael

I think the Trumpeter Me262 is 1/32, the sister company Hobby Boss do a comprehensive range in 1/48 of the Me262, which is a very good kit.

A good looking 109 Emil, nice finish and it looks ready for action.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stevej60 said:

The rattle can version ruined a couple of my builds I use the small bottles which if thinned give the same finish using a flat brush .

Cheers Steve - you have confirmed my experience was not mine alone - always nice to be in good company - even if we are only ruining builds together :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael K said:

Hi Steve,

Thanks
Michael

It look's superb in the box Micheal a dry fit of the fuselage shows a great fit,detailing is finely done with panel lines and rivet detail

I like the front wheel bay which is cast as a solid piece of metal for weight.It certainly looks like a 262!Yes it's 1/48.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 1