1/144 737-800 Zvezda Released 737-800MAX Released New Boeing B737-700 released July 2019

sofiane1718

Hello, I think it's time to make a new thread for this one:

yhmfVbAmUEY.jpg

7gH_KbrA-TQ.jpg

Bd98I8sJZks.jpg

1ni0TEG9X4E.jpg

moxAs7WmIFQ.jpg

A little Google traduction:

All the good work / school week!
We wanted to share with you the good news! We ended up designing a family of Boeing 737-800! We offer you two options for windshield glazing, three options wingtips, two versions of the fairing APU!

Source:

1280px-La_Sorgue%2C_Fontaine-de-Vaucluse

No, just kidding :P:

https://vk.com/wall-29859496?own=1&w=wall-29859496_1749473

Edited by sofiane1718
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent news. Also welcome to see that one of the winglet options is the 737 MAX style, but that does beg the question of whether they've also tooled the MAX series engine cowlings to do a proper 737-8 (also no indication of whether the second APU fairing is for a MAX or not). Perhaps a future boxing will cater specifically to the MAX series? I also wonder if they'll be tooling the "Split Scimitar" retrofit winglets that are becoming increasingly common on the "old" 737 NG family...

Either way, I'm looking forward to this kit...count me in for at least two: WestJet and Alaska.

14 hours ago, Sabre_days said:

I also wonder if they'll be tooling the "Split Scimitar" retrofit winglets that are becoming increasingly common on the "old" 737 NG family...

Second picture down shows the split scimitar winglets.

There a quite a few changes for the Max like longer gear legs as well and figure a whole new boxing would be the way to go.

Scimitars are taking over in the US with the bigger airlines retrofitting as fast as they can get them plus all there new aircraft 800 and 900's coming with them..

3 hours ago, TrojanThunder said:

Second picture down shows the split scimitar winglets.

Those are the 737 MAX winglets I was referring to, the split scimitars are significantly less swept and don't angle out nearly as much, they also have a more curved tip.

Edited by Sabre_days

3 hours ago, DarrenH said:

There a quite a few changes for the Max like longer gear legs as well and figure a whole new boxing would be the way to go.

Scimitars are taking over in the US with the bigger airlines retrofitting as fast as they can get them plus all there new aircraft 800 and 900's coming with them..

Agreed...I would be surprised if they include all the different items needed for a MAX in the initial release, I just hope the winglets are an indication that one is in the works. Hopefully they'll also consider eventually producing a P-8 Poseidon and perhaps a Wedgetail AEW&C variant...

Edited by Sabre_days
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Sabre_days said:

Those are the 737 MAX winglets I was referring to, the split scimitars are significantly less swept and don't angle out nearly as much, they also have a more curved tip.

No problems, I am not up on all the different terminology for winglets these days! :D

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Interesting but it's a pity there isn't a shot of the wing parts.  If it has separate flaps like the A320/321 it won't be going on my shopping list.

Incidentally one or two people over on Airliner Cafe have been getting a bit aerated because Zvezda have "incorrectly" plugged a couple of windows on the right side of the fuselage. As a dedicated window decal user that doesn't bother me but it might be an issue for somebody who likes their windows open.

51 minutes ago, Skodadriver said:

Interesting but it's a pity there isn't a shot of the wing parts.  If it has separate flaps like the A320/321 it won't be going on my shopping list.

Incidentally one or two people over on Airliner Cafe have been getting a bit aerated because Zvezda have "incorrectly" plugged a couple of windows on the right side of the fuselage. As a dedicated window decal user that doesn't bother me but it might be an issue for somebody who likes their windows open.

Seriously? We all have pin drills .....

2 hours ago, Mike Esposito said:

Seriously? We all have pin drills .....

I've never seen a pin drill shaped like a 1/144 window :wacko:

Seriously though, I use decal windows so I couldn't care less but it's surprising that Zvezda made such a basic error.  No amount of computer-aided design technology can replace a careful study of the real aircraft. I suppose it's possible the mistake will be corrected before the kit goes into production.

3 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

I've never seen a pin drill shaped like a 1/144 window :wacko:

Seriously though, I use decal windows so I couldn't care less but it's surprising that Zvezda made such a basic error.  No amount of computer-aided design technology can replace a careful study of the real aircraft. I suppose it's possible the mistake will be corrected before the kit goes into production.

Needle file too....Honestly did not think I had to tell you that.. 

Mike, I have been building models for more than 50 years and I know full well how to open a window should I need to.

I see you're from Chicago. In case you hadn't noticed, this site is called Britmodeller and we often do British humour which frequently involves irony.  Yes Mike, I was JOKING.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike Esposito said:

Needle file too....Honestly did not think I had to tell you that.. 

sorry - duplicate post again, must have fat fingers on the iPad tonight

9 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

Incidentally one or two people over on Airliner Cafe have been getting a bit aerated because Zvezda have "incorrectly" plugged a couple of windows on the right side of the fuselage.

Obviously based on an Aeroflot machine as the widows are correct as far as I can see.  The blanked off window between the overwing exits appears to be correct for most operators and the forward cabin windows vary so as far as I can tell all is good.

Certainly looking forward to getting one that's for sure.

Chris.