1/72 Revell Bf 109 G-10

Hi there folks

I'm back with another of my most recent builds - seem to have managed to get on with quite a few lately - must be the Christmas spirit :santa:

I'm posting this one first but there will be more to follow very shortly.  The kit in question is this one:

Revell%20Bf%20109%20G-10_zpsiadqiuby.jpg

Considering I'm such a fan of Luftwaffe aircraft, I've never built a 109 (I know - I can't believe it either!!!!) up until now and chose this kit as a test bed and a practice for more to follow, particularly the Airfix 1/48 109 I have in the stash.

I built the kit pretty much OOB with just the addition of some tamiya tape belts and the odd scratch built item - nothing spectacular.  I know this kit is not the best representation of a 109 but it's details weren't too bad and it went together pretty nicely.  I do have aftermarket swastika decals but I completely forgot for some reason to add these to the tail - doh!! By the time I realised it wouldn't have worked to add them so they'll just have to stay omitted and be a learning curve for next time!!

Anyway, without wasting anymore time talking, the pics are below - as always please let me know what you think - comments are always welcomed :thumbsup: 

DSC00224_zpsm6bolcon.jpg

DSC00225_zpsnmndc8rz.jpg

DSC00226_zpskan9t9lw.jpg

DSC00227_zpsbttio2jb.jpg

DSC00228_zpsehj30lza.jpg

DSC00229_zpsovsnpr8t.jpg

DSC00230_zpsnsmemmbv.jpg

DSC00231_zpsiymfcyig.jpg

DSC00232_zps91euuhkk.jpg

DSC00233_zpsjvvnwzyg.jpg

Edited by planecrazee
  • Like 29

Very nicely done, especially for that scale, which I struggle to work with.

Airfix's more recently tooled 109s are great kits, you should enjoy building that one from your stash!

• Like 1

You made an absolutely gem out of it. Your paintjob and weathering is perfect! Love it! Looking forward to see more of your fleet. Maybe you can improve your photography a little bit, top models need top presentations. Hope you don't mind when I say these critics. It is only my poor personal meaning. But I think it is worth for your stunning models! 

All the best

Andy