Airfix XH558 Avro Vulcan

This is really a very impressive and frightening Vulcan!!!

You really did it (her?) justice.

A really great work !!!

:goodjob:   :goodjob:  :goodjob:   :clap2:

Edited by polo1112
  • Like 1

That is really nice, the Vulcan just cries out to be built 'In flight' to show off that lovely shape.

Cheers

John

(PS I'm grateful to you for rescribing, improving, and all the work you have done on this old kit, coz' now you have finished Airfix are bound to announce a new tool state of the art kit any day now :lol:)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Viking said:

That is really nice, the Vulcan just cries out to be built 'In flight' to show off that lovely shape.

Cheers

John

(PS I'm grateful to you for rescribing, improving, and all the work you have done on this old kit, coz' now you have finished Airfix are bound to announce a new tool state of the art kit any day now :lol:)

Thanks John, that's exactly what I thought, as soon as I got the kit I thought it had to be done in flight. 

I really hope Airfix do re tool the Vulcan, id love to build one from the 70's and another in anti flash, but this kit needs so much work. 

27 minutes ago, CurrantBunbury said:

:thumbsup: I particulary like that shot from underneath. It shows off the smoothness and the shape beautifully. 

Thank you. I must admit it does look good in its position on top of the cabinet. I think it displays it at its best. 

3 hours ago, Niles said:

Top marks on the rescribing job.

I think I just about got away with the rescribing. If I did it again I'd do them a bit lighter so they weren't as deep or wide. Lesson learnt for next time. 

1 minute ago, Vulcanicity said:

That's a real cracker Mark, well done! The rescribe looks terrific (I remember all too well what a job it was!), and all the other mods really pay off. Top job.

Thank you. Coming from someone with the name Vulcanicity I'll take that. 

Great in-flight presentation of a top re-working of this old kit - can't believe that it doesn't tip over. Is the stand really a block of iron cunningly painted to look like wood?!

• Like 1

Hello,Mark - My full compliments to you on a magnificent build of a magnificent subject.

I share your love of the 'Vulcan' and remember the legendary sight and sound of their 'scrambles' along with the Silver Jubilee Airshow at Finningley.Halcyon Days!

I also witnessed '558' at Great Yorkshire Airshow.That final pass and climb out is engraved in my memory for evermore.A moving experience in every sense.

You have created a superb scale replica of her.I love the quality and detail of the painting and finishing work and she's a worthy tribute to the type and also your modelling skills.I love her.

😉👍 All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doozer1974 said:

Great in-flight presentation of a top re-working of this old kit - can't believe that it doesn't tip over. Is the stand really a block of iron cunningly painted to look like wood?!

Thanks for your comments. It does look a bit gravity defying, but it's actually no where near the point of tipping over. And yes, it is just a wooden base. 

1 hour ago, mcdonnell said:

Hello,Mark - My full compliments to you on a magnificent build of a magnificent subject.

I share your love of the 'Vulcan' and remember the legendary sight and sound of their 'scrambles' along with the Silver Jubilee Airshow at Finningley.Halcyon Days!

I also witnessed '558' at Great Yorkshire Airshow.That final pass and climb out is engraved in my memory for evermore.A moving experience in every sense.

You have created a superb scale replica of her.I love the quality and detail of the painting and finishing work and she's a worthy tribute to the type and also your modelling skills.I love her.

😉👍 All the best,Paul.

Thank you so much Paul. It means a lot coming from someone in who the Vulcan stirs emotions. 

• Like 1

You're more than welcome,Mark. Your passion for the aircraft is amply displayed for all to admire with that fabulous 'scale replica'.

Seasons Greetings to you. :santa: 👍 All the best,Paul.

IMG_6391_zpsis3tjzfo.jpg

• Like 2