Blue Diamond Decals

docipaul

I was frustrated that there are few Philippine Airforce subjects so I decided to make my own. Presenting ''Blue Diamond Decal'' set 1. I'm planning to have 5 sets with different aircraft and different marking on each set. It is printed on one continues sheet and need to cut the artwork individually and comes with separate white backing decals for artwork that has white on it. It will be sold first in the Philippines but soon internationally.

6C71BD84-189C-4DC0-B975-68D460CCBA16_zps

869646DB-1974-4F16-A557-18338A9D7758_zps

9029B13A-6183-4B73-A4FD-8A3247968AC4_zps

5F48FE68-CFAE-4095-A2BA-CBF0ABA44033_zps

Mods, please move to appropriate thread if needed.

Many thanks for looking.

• Like 9

Let me know when you start selling outside of the Philippine market.  I picked up an Academy kit of the T-50 a couple of months ago, and when I go to build it, I plan to do the PAF version.  I also got some aftermarket F-16 gear assemblies so it can at least have a gear of its own instead of the stand that Academy gives you.

Later,

Dave

Are the T-28 decals also going to be in 72nd?  I remember when Gringo and his guys tried their coup attempt.  Fortunately I was already back in the states at the time.  I would also like to do another PAF F-8.

Later,

Dave

17 hours ago, e8n2 said:

Are the T-28 decals also going to be in 72nd?  I remember when Gringo and his guys tried their coup attempt.  Fortunately I was already back in the states at the time.  I would also like to do another PAF F-8.

Later,

Dave

it will be included in my future sets.

been following the progress on these on Facebook. l am keen at getting the 1/48 decals. My wife is Filipino and l said l would do some Philippine Air Force aircraft. l do have the Sabredog for this and l do have a Peashooter too

5 hours ago, hacker said:

been following the progress on these on Facebook. l am keen at getting the 1/48 decals. My wife is Filipino and l said l would do some Philippine Air Force aircraft. l do have the Sabredog for this and l do have a Peashooter too

Ah, so that must be your Asawa in your avatar.  Mas Maganda!  My ex was a koriput Ilocana.  I was always asking her to have her sister or herself on her trips to the P.I. to get me a book with lots of pictures of PAF aircraft.  Never happened.  I have done a P-51D in PAF markings and plan on doing some other subjects as well.

Later,

Dave

16 hours ago, e8n2 said:

Ah, so that must be your Asawa in your avatar.  Mas Maganda!  My ex was a koriput Ilocana.  I was always asking her to have her sister or herself on her trips to the P.I. to get me a book with lots of pictures of PAF aircraft.  Never happened.  I have done a P-51D in PAF markings and plan on doing some other subjects as well.

Later,

Dave

hacker and e8n2 both of you are funny! I just send the decals to the Philippines last friday and hopping to be sold this week in JMN hobbyshop. I got the P-51 ''Shark of Zambalez'' in 1/48 on the drawing board at the moment. 

7 hours ago, docipaul said:

hacker and e8n2 both of you are funny! I just send the decals to the Philippines last friday and hopping to be sold this week in JMN hobbyshop. I got the P-51 ''Shark of Zambalez'' in 1/48 on the drawing board at the moment. 

I had an old 72nd Microscale sheet with the Shark of Zambales on it, and it now resides on my display table, which is quickly running out of space.  Looking forward to the new sheets.

Later,

Dave

On 12/21/2016 at 6:38 AM, e8n2 said:

I had an old 72nd Microscale sheet with the Shark of Zambales on it, and it now resides on my display table, which is quickly running out of space.  Looking forward to the new sheets.

Later,

Dave

Hi Dave,

I'm doing the P-51 Shark of Zambales together with a friend from facebook at the moment but in 1/32 and re-scale it to 1/48 and 1/72 soon.

E7C983EE-BA83-4648-8277-9E650A4C3B71_zps

665ECC23-FA97-4C2C-88C7-BBF0EBFC6F27_zps

Edited by docipaul

My ex pointed out to me that the "Noli Mi Tangeray" on the tail insignia was the book by Jose Rizal.  Several years later I now have it and have read it as well.  I don't normally read fiction, but that was a very good book.  I can always do a second Shark.  I just checked my current Shark and Microscale had three diagonal red lines going through the national insignia which I would imagine would indicate either a flight or squadron commander.  I don't see that on what you have right now, but if it had them, I imagine that you will be including them.

Later,

Dave

14 hours ago, e8n2 said:

My ex pointed out to me that the "Noli Mi Tangeray" on the tail insignia was the book by Jose Rizal.  Several years later I now have it and have read it as well.  I don't normally read fiction, but that was a very good book.  I can always do a second Shark.  I just checked my current Shark and Microscale had three diagonal red lines going through the national insignia which I would imagine would indicate either a flight or squadron commander.  I don't see that on what you have right now, but if it had them, I imagine that you will be including them.

Later,

Dave

Based on the story that I read, there are two version of this Mustang, one with the stripe on the fuselage (no shark mouth) and the other with lightning bolt and shark mouth. 

I re-scaled it now to 1/72.

88D6D3EA-1D2A-4714-8400-7A29AB8D2AFB_zps

Sometime over the weekend I will have to take a picture of what Microscale had as it has the stripes and a shark's mouth.  Microscale, now Superscale, has not always had a reputation for high accuracy.  This could very well be another example of it.

Later,

Dave