Happy Holidays to all the plastic comunity!

Thank you !

My wife saw something like it on a small store, and asked if i could do something for the holidays...So with a bit of patience ( the figure is from Main, and the lamp is Miniart, the rest its paper, wood and flocking), i managed to do this! I m quite happy and it was really nice to do something without anything military for a change!
She loves it, so the hobby gets some "points"...

All the best!

• Like 1

Very well done.. however what's wrong with saying 'Merry Christmas'? 

I've recently returned from a North Ameriican holiday and was quite surprised at the lack of the word 'Christmas'.? 

Canadians weee not that bad, however the word is totally non existent in the US.. why not? 

Im not trying to offend anyone, just curious.. 

Cheers... Dave 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Im not trying to offend anyone, just curious...

Beware - there is a can of worms here! :shutup:

Some people will tell you it's so that people who don't celebrate Christmas won't be upset - political correctness, in other words, trying to protect yourself from the wrath of the Professionally Offended. :rolleyes: Others will say it's because there are several midwinter festivals from a range of different faiths, all happening at this time of year, and it's a handy way to wish people a happy whatever-they-like without making it specific. You can choose which interpretation you like best! :shrug: 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CurrantBunbury said:

Beware - there is a can of worms here! :shutup:

Some people will tell you it's so that people who don't celebrate Christmas won't be upset - political correctness, in other words, trying to protect yourself from the wrath of the Professionally Offended. :rolleyes: Others will say it's because there are several midwinter festivals from a range of different faiths, all happening at this time of year, and it's a handy way to wish people a happy whatever-they-like without making it specific. You can choose which interpretation you like best! :shrug: 

Its a bit of both...i m not religious myself, so i just go with the generic "happy holidays". I enjoy the season and the festivity, and in my country (Portugal) we don t have any problems with Happy Holidays/Merry Chrismas, we just go with personal taste and never saw anyone getting offended. Its mainly a christian country, but most people keep it to a personal level.

So...Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays, pick what you like and have a great season !!!

• Like 3

I suppose that's fair enough. It is the season to be happy after all so if some people prefer it to be 'not linked to religion' aspects than I can live with that. 

I suppose (to me) the term "happy holidays" is more akin to Joseph enjoying a stint of Long Service Leave from his years at 'Cabinets r Us' rather than guiding Mary to the stable to give birth to Jesus!! 

I'd better stop there I reckon! 

Cheers and Merry Holidays.... Dave (who actually has a son called Joseph!!) 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tony Oliver said:

That dude in the red coat has a load of swag on his shoulder! He looks like a thief to me... 

😂😂😂

good job mate. 

The beard is "in" so probably just another "lumberjack hispter" on his way to starbucks !!

Thanks guys !! Have a good Christmas weekend!

• Like 1