1:72 Vickers Wellington replacement propellers..

top turret toddler

18 hours ago, Black Knight said:

Have you tried asking John Adams, - Aeroclub?

He used to have them in his range of replacement props

He comes on here under John Aero, but you need to PM him directly

You mean THE John Adams ? I thought that man had long perished. No i have not considered any white metal props yet. Aren`t they rather crude

and too thick, and what would the attraction with these things be anyway? (i really don`t know) Just the fact that they are made of metal like the real

thing or is there more to it than meets the eye? It seems the Airfix stock propellers are not tracking all that well, but the blades are very thin they are.   

No, John is not dead.

Still alive and well afaik.

No they are not too thick and crude; they are more accurate than many plastic props; they have better shaped blades, proper curvature, proper centres.

John has designed them to be accurate to the prototype

They do on occasion do need a little bit of smoothing but not any more and much less than many kit props.

Here is a build of the Trumpeter kit using the Matchbox Wellington Rotol props.  It looks really good.  To my eye and the Matchbox props are certainly heads better than the Trumpeter or even the Italeri/MPM ones.  I have an old Aeroclub Lancaster Mk.II conversion set with the Rotol props but haven't spent much, if any, time comparing them to the Matchbox ones.  They might be an option though.  I found this set on eBay.