Infamy One Shot #1 - Goblin Chieftain

I came to britmodeller mainly for the vehicle boards, but my main hobby is still painting miniatures. Lately I am more into painting the stuff my boardgames come with quickly but every now and then I do a piece simply for my collection. The last one was from the infamy one shot #1 kickstarter. I instantly fell in love with the model and everything fell together quite nicely, though it was really hard to paint. So many insanely small details. Many spikes and teeth are only a fraction of a millimeter in size. Just insane. And a brilliant sculpt. Still not perfectly happy with the pictures. Overexposed in the bright areas of the miniature and not really getting the hues of the metals.

Feel free to comment and criticize (though I won't touch this finished model again). If you don't mind, leave a vote on coolminiornot.com: http://www.coolminiornot.com/399990

For the model I immediately had a desert-like environment in mind. I like "natural" colored goblins and it was clear this was what I aim for. To get some optical interest I decided the mount could be colorful like many real-life saurians are. For the base I did not have any ideas for a very long time. Then I found this left over piece of oiled plum wood. It was a natural fit. I only added hints of sand, slightly drybrushed and some very subtle pieces of real dried flowers, completely unpainted.

The base is asymmetric, supporting the very dynamic look of the miniature. Else it is still subtle enough to not distract from the model, though it is quite large.

img57699efee5134.jpg

There was a related painting competition. Never reached anything anywhere else, but this time it was enough for third place: http://www.infamyminiatures.com/one-shot-challenge/

Quite happy!

I hope you guys don't mind seeing stuff like this around here? How about boardgame miniatures?

Jan

• Like 3

21 hours ago, giemme said:

Not my kind of figures, but this is impressive! :worthy: What kind of paints have you been using?

Thank you for your kind words Giorgio.

I mainly use Vallejo Game Color for opaque work as I have the whole set (wouldn't buy them again - would go for model airs this time). Metals are Vallejo Model Air. Ontop of that lots and lots of washes made from Vallejo Game Color or Schmincke Aero Color.

So all around acrylic colors.

Did I say it is true 28mm in scale?

Jan

• Like 1

Thanks Jan; I mostly use acrylics myself. :thumbsup: As for the scale, having seen some other jobs like yours here on BM, I was pretty sure it was a tiny little thing, which makes it even more impressive :worthy:

Ciao

• 2 weeks later...