Ferguson petit gris

Hewy

Don't know if this will float any boats but I'm gonna build this little tractor from heller, looks a nice kit some moulding marks ,not at all bad though, thinking maybe scratch building a plough ,fingers crossed ..20161216_195441_zpsjoeiqrgj.jpg

• Like 5

Watching with some interest as my father has just started building one of these - he learned to drive on one and at 76 years of age it's his first foray into model building.

It looks like a very detailed little kit and probably offers a very interesting palette for detailing and weathering.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Richard E said:

Watching with some interest as my father has just started building one of these - he learned to drive on one and at 76 years of age it's his first foray into model building.

It looks like a very detailed little kit and probably offers a very interesting palette for detailing and weathering.

Sorry mucked up that last post ,it seems to be a cracking little kit Richard, I will weather it, and make it look used too ,maybe not completely original but still sympathetic. Thanks glynn

Right I've got the engine and gear box, and part of the front suspension together, primed in black and then given a going over with AK dark aluminium, ready for chipping with a bit of hairspray under the next coat of paint, dont think it'sgoing to be a garage queen,  also drilled out the distributor cap to accept the spark plug wires ive made ,

Thanks for tuning in

Glynn

OI000010_zpsrz3qrfz4.jpg

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Bengalensis said:

Will follow this with interest, good start.

I have been waiting for the release of this kit and got one as soon as possible. It looked so nice on first inspection that I got two more right away. Soon one or two to be started.

I'm going to get another too judging from the bit of dry building I've done its a winner I'm just a bit disappointed by the grill,im going to try and do something about that,I'll post a picture tomorrow, and see if I can get any ideas off any scratch builders on how to improve it otherwise top kit,

• Like 1

It's a beautiful kit, and really captures the feel of the 1:1 item. Mine will be going into a diorama - see the picture at the top of p 295 of Southern Cross Mustangs for my inspiration - so I'll tag along!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, injidup said:

This post really has gained some traction!

Pull the other one!

Indeed an interesting kit with scope for some modification and additions. I found the attached, also seen one of these in-line jobbies somewhere with double wheels each side. I shall be keeping an eye on this build. Already sent one to the Dark Continent for my brother.

070137.jpg    070136.jpg

• Like 2

Gosh this brings back memories. I recall building the original Airfix one, poly bagged and vinyl tyres which were extremely tight to get on the rims. Must have been well over 50 years ago :o

• Like 1

Interesting.  Got the kit, but was a bit disappointed with Heller representing lamp lenses with decals.  However, easily rectified I hope !  Anyway, going to pull up a chair :popcorn:

BillyD

Get orf my laand

Ok put a bit of hairspray on the engine assembly gave it a coat of raf dsg, took a bit of paint back off to expose the ak dark aluminium, then wet it and applied the salt,then gave it a blow over with light ghost grey, going to seal that up in a bit with some vallejo varnish and do a bit of weathering on it also got a few more bits ready for paint tomorrow, in one of the pictures you can see hellers attempt at the grill,i know its only 1/24 scale but I'd like it a bit more open ,any suggestions the only one i can think of is cutting the 2 sides out and soldering some left over pe, gulp,never done anything like that before but im game if we cant think of another way.

Glynn

OI000012_zpsa3wnz5yu.jpg

OI000013_zpsmkeiki2x.jpg

OI000014_zpserpnvqir.jpg

OI000011_zpsfidtxpwe.jpg

And the real grill

20161218_173305_zpslpnxlhmr.jpg

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Billydick said:

Interesting.  Got the kit, but was a bit disappointed with Heller representing lamp lenses with decals.  However, easily rectified I hope !  Anyway, going to pull up a chair :popcorn:

BillyD

Me too perhaps drilling them out foiling the inside and a bit of clear acetate sheet ,i want the lights on but i agree poor show there

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mbdesignart said:

Pull the other one!

Indeed an interesting kit with scope for some modification and additions. I found the attached, also seen one of these in-line jobbies somewhere with double wheels each side. I shall be keeping an eye on this build. Already sent one to the Dark Continent for my brother.

070137.jpg    070136.jpg

Shouldnt be too hard to find online examples for inspiration,  the tinternets full of em ,must have been popular back in the day

14 hours ago, Admiral Puff said:

It's a beautiful kit, and really captures the feel of the 1:1 item. Mine will be going into a diorama - see the picture at the top of p 295 of Southern Cross Mustangs for my inspiration - so I'll tag along!

I'll have a gander ,cheers

Glynn

Small update due to visiting shopping,an other Christmas duties,

I managed to add a bit more to the engine an give it a little wash,still got some dry brushing to do, I've fitted some of the engine ancillaries but removed th coil after fitting,it just looked so over scale that i would have regreted it after wiring up ,that'll be the next step ,also ive given the body work a coat of tamiya red brown , ready for the main coat      which i still haven't  decided upon I'd like to do it red ,i know its wrong but,.... we'll see,

Thanks glynn 

20161222_182205_zpsvpxwstf5.jpg

Test fitted the hood  on this one, i wanted to see how much space is available in front of the radiator to modify the grill,an idea I'm still toying with

20161222_182445_zpsytk0urs5.jpg

20161222_182051_zpsvjv5hd0r.jpg

Which isn't a lot

Thanks for looking

Glynn

20161222_182132_zpsfth5gplr.jpg

• Like 6