Ferguson petit gris

Hewy

A little update,ive had the dremell out and done the headlights and bare metal foiled them,i think the hardest part is going to be making the glass from acetate sheet,fingers crossed,i decided reluctantly to go with the kit grill instead of making one out of pe, got the tyres on ,ground them to within an inch of there  lives to make them look worn,and gave them a coat of varnish ready to weather all the body work and wheels, lastly sorry for the lighting on the photos, they're taken by my galaxy pad,,but santa has left me a new camera for being a good lad this year,but i dont know what all the buttons and dials are for yet! Have a good one

Glynn

20161231_181839_zpsxdsxjd9c.jpg

20161231_181644_zpspdzh97oh.jpg

• Like 5

I'm going to have to try the salt, hairspray and chipping technique, my style of weathering is pile on the gunk over a goodish finish. I thought the tractor was larger but looking at it next to the paint pots it appears not so - is the kit box full of air? 

Your build is coming along splendidly.

2 hours ago, mbdesignart said:

I'm going to have to try the salt, hairspray and chipping technique, my style of weathering is pile on the gunk over a goodish finish. I thought the tractor was larger but looking at it next to the paint pots it appears not so - is the kit box full of air? 

Your build is coming along splendidly.

first time i've done that salt and hairspay method,but  there's nothing wrong with your vans weathering, no its a tiny little tractor,and the sprues looked lost as they rattled around in the over sized box but it'll be easy to find shelf space for ,thanks

glynn

Hello, Glynn ... I'd actually spent some time with your thread but hadn't put the two of you together ... so to speak. You are making a great job of this little character, it seems to have been a very welcome and well-received kit, I have two in the stash myself - just makes me want to make a start - Well done bloke.

PS ... have you realised we're only half a days camel ride apart - I can all but see your house from here!!

Glynn

Starting to look very lifelike: particularly the finish on the engine cover and wheels which will just need some ground in mud and dirt to finish them off.

If I could make one observation, given the overall effect you are trying to achieve would the headlight reflectors still be so "out-of the-box" shiny or would they also become dimmed and tarnished over time, particularly if the headlight glasses have picked up some stone chips over time ?

Edited by Richard E

2 hours ago, Richard E said:

Glynn

Starting to look very lifelike: particularly the finish on the engine cover and wheels which will just need some ground in mud and dirt to finish them off.

If I could make one observation, given the overall effect you are trying to achieve would the headlight reflectors still be so "out-of the-box" shiny or would they also become dimmed and tarnished over time, particularly if the headlight glasses have picked up some stone chips over time ?

Thanks richard,im thinking of unashamedly copying the Citroën van here,with one headlight in ,tarnished and chipped ,and see if i can fog it up a bit,that shouldnt be too much of a problem with my aircraft canopy history,😃,and one with a broken lens, ive had a result with the size of lens for it its just the same size as one of mrs hewy's paper hole punch's, i dont own a punch and die set,,yet ,

Thanks glynn

2 hours ago, Little Andi said:

Hello, Glynn ... I'd actually spent some time with your thread but hadn't put the two of you together ... so to speak. You are making a great job of this little character, it seems to have been a very welcome and well-received kit, I have two in the stash myself - just makes me want to make a start - Well done bloke.

PS ... have you realised we're only half a days camel ride apart - I can all but see your house from here!!

No i didn't realise we're virtual neighbours,  thanks for the kind comments andi,i think its a cracking little kit too,and I'll definitely be buying another, 

Cheers ,glynn

17 hours ago, Hewy said:

Thanks richard,im thinking of unashamedly copying the Citroën van here,with one headlight in ,tarnished and chipped ,and see if i can fog it up a bit

Mange Tout! Glynn. You know it won't pass an MoT ;) 

Mark

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mbdesignart said:

Mange Tout! Glynn. You know it won't pass an MoT ;) 

Mark

The way its turing out it looks like it was never road worthy ,or field worthy for that matter, as it stands at the moment ,still a bit to do on the mudguards, some ejector pin marks were visible when the wheels were fitted, i thought i could get away with those with the back wheels on but no ,painted and weathered them aswell,hey ho,  also work to do on the seat,and the hydraulics, steering wheel, and try to do something about those darn rubber tyres,oh and it looks like santa came up trumps by leaving me a new camera, it exposes the not so good bits and the mistakes a bit,onward and upward 

Glynn

OI000018_zpscj0ivgyy.jpg

OI000022_zpsoi6vvlzm.jpg

OI000016_zpswilhyorj.jpg

OI000023_zpsxefluvq1.jpg

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Richard E said:

A very hard worked little Fergie coming together there Glynn.

Thank you richard,grafted hasn't it ,told you it'd be easy to fog those headlighs up,didnt even mean to 😆

Seeing as i dont start back to work till tomorrow I've had a bit of tractor time, ive scratch built a little plough for it,no reason why it shouldnt hitch up when I've got the hydraulic parts painted,fingers crossed, i just used the mk-1 eyeball for scaling purposes, so it maybe a tad off, but trumpeter gets away with it and they're pros ,it doese need a bit of tidying up when the glue has gone off,its a bit delicate...

OI000027_zpsatt2j9kj.jpg

OI000026_zpsqxeojkti.jpg

And  with the fergie

OI000029_zpsqm4rwakx.jpg

OI000030_zpsy3bh7d0x.jpg

Cheers ,glynn

• Like 7

That's a lovely piece of scratch building in that plough, very well done, it will add a lot to the finished model. And the painting/weathering is impressive too, this is really progressing well!

I so look forward to staring two of mine, but I have to finish a quite special Citroen build first, before this weekend, then I will dig into them.

1 hour ago, Little Andi said:

Continuing right along with the great work on the "fergie" Glynn - it looks better by the post. And that little ploughshare is very worthy of note, well done.

Ah thanks andi,the eyeballs are resting now, and its nowhere near as small and accurate as some modelers,miniature engineers, artists, on here are capable of ,still i enjoyed the process immensely  and I'll be creating a little diarama for the tractor and plough,

Glynn.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bengalensis said:

That's a lovely piece of scratch building in that plough, very well done, it will add a lot to the finished model. And the painting/weathering is impressive too, this is really progressing well!

I so look forward to staring two of mine, but I have to finish a quite special Citroen build first, before this weekend, then I will dig into them.

Bengalensis,high praise indeed thank you, i don't know whether to hitch it up eventually or put it in the barn I'll be making in a diarama, depends on what the finished article comes out like when its painted, I'll have to present it's good side,if you know what i mean, thanks again

,oh and hurry up with the van ,i want to see more tractors started,god i feel like a farmer now

Glynn

Right we're just about done and dusted,finished the fergie off today,cant fit the plough yet though because the  glue needs to set on the hydraulic bars at the bottom ,i will fit it for the diarama base I'm going to mount it on ,I'm on that now,but here he is,more photos in the R F I,  thanks all who've tagged along on it,got to admit also the rubber tyres are a pain,until its on its base there all you can pick it up with so the weathering comes off i dont want to seal these yet, thanks again

Glynn

OI000033_zpsfiij4kjt.jpg

OI000035_zps8eyantm6.jpg

OI000031_zpsoxucoboi.jpg

OI000047_zps16aecp9u.jpg

OI000042_zpsireob9fi.jpg

• Like 7

On 14/01/2017 at 10:02, heloman1 said:

Congrats on the engine detail Glynn, really adds to the build as does the plough. Nice weathering too.

Colin

Ive built a new plough more to scale than this one which will be attached and on the base thats in proress now  ,Thanks though colin,  I've been watching from a far on your wessex build, looking good

Glynn

• Like 1

I hope discovering the first plough was a bit undersize wasn't too much of harrowing experience!:D [I've got a field full of puns!!] Looking forward to seeing the new one. Will it be ready in time for Harvest Festival?

Cheers,  Mark

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mbdesignart said:

I hope discovering the first plough was a bit undersize wasn't too much of harrowing experience!:D [I've got a field full of puns!!] Looking forward to seeing the new one. Will it be ready in time for Harvest Festival?

Cheers,  Mark

Ha,I'm sure you have mark,and yes it will,I'm waiting for a battery powered fly swottingbat to come off flea bay so i can make a static grass applicator, 

Cheers glynn,by the way  isn't it pasture bedtime,