1/8 Scratch Lister Knobbly Jaguar - all done.

At last - all done. (Well, except for the tail lights I just noticed are missing.)

A really fun project from start to finish.

Hard to believe this one has actually been going on for around 16 months.

Lister cars in Cambridge couldn't have been more helpful and without them, this model wouldn't even exist.

They helped me to make a model that is possibly the most 'accurate' one I've done.

That isn't to say some parts have a bit of Artistic licence, but that's in the interests of not getting bogged down with stuff that is never seen.

There are umpteen grotty fingermarks etc all over it that need cleaning off, along with a light polish.

The last 2 pics are yours truly - just to give an idea of the size of this thing.

I need a base and case so that's in the pipeline.

For once, I have a model for ME.

Thanks to those who were following my waffle and offered advice and support. Much appreciated.

Right - back to the two C Type Jaguars...

Roy.

P1013016_zpsxsewlix4.jpg

P1013021_zpsj68md26u.jpg

P1013022_zpstc7ys437.jpg

P1013023_zps9cc0migy.jpg

P1013024_zpsndcdywwb.jpg

P1013025_zpsal9rz3i7.jpg

P1013026_zpsrcypbylu.jpg

P1013027_zpszagylnpc.jpg

P1013028_zpsr9jldrtz.jpg

P1013029_zpst3ecahgm.jpg

P1013030_zpskg9pkrka.jpg

P1013031_zpsc5gwhhgz.jpg

P1013032_zpsflf9mmqq.jpg

P1013033_zpsuevlwgnb.jpg

Edited by roymattblack
  • Like 26

This is absolutely awesome. Only came to britmodeller while you were doing the last steps but followed every single post with excitement. Being invited for a factory tour AND being allowed to take photographs at will - priceless. Working that long on a build to bring it to perfection- true dedication. I am glad I found your thread and be assured I will follow all your next ones as well. Thank you for showing. Always inspires me to work on my own stuff.

Jan

• Like 1

All you guys are extremely kind.

I keep on and on saying the same thing...

I just WISH a few of you would have a go at scratching a model.

I'd love to help, I can provide all kinds of parts (money doesn't come into it - I want someone to TRY.)

PLEASE - If you're tempted by my Lister and fancy having  genuine try at the same car - let me know.

It isn't a 'black art'.

I'm going to take a short break from big stuff myself, although I have two part built scratch C Type Jaguars sitting next to me shouting for attention.

I want to build a few really basic OOB plastic kits for a change.

No brain effort, no upgrades, just 'as they come'.

A modelling 'holiday'.

Roy.

• Like 4

Roy, I am really tempted by your kind offering, though I'll have to put it back for a while. I am working on my master thesis right now, which leaves not much room for hobbies. Also I changed my job recently which adds a bit of uncertainty. What do you think, is it realistic to go at it at about 1:24 or 1:16? There's really no point in building something that huge if I cannot display it anywhere.

• Like 1

If you look at the actual car, it's not an overly complex shape.

I'm sure it wouldn't be a headache to make a 1:24 master in something like Plasticine, then take a silicone mould.

Then, lay up a shell in thin glass fibre.

That could be cleaned up with filler, sanding etc...

Why not???

I'll contact you by the time, if you don't mind. 1:24 is really my scale. While I am more into Rally stuff some of the historic cars are just too beautiful and interesting to be ignored. Sometime around next summer I'll have a little workshop at hand. Possibly with a lathe and if all works out well a little benchtop milling machine. These are my plans at least. Not exactly for model building, but if it's there - the more uses I find the better!

• Like 1

Well done Roy.   First class scratch building.   You are in a class of your own ... this from an enthusiastic, amateur scratch builder.   I've really enjoyed following this build and envied your access to the real thing.

Glad to see you encouraging others to have a go too.  

Frank

Excellent work Roy, stunning result, it's nice to see the scale of it compared with your good self.

I'm not a car modeler but it's been fascinating watching it come together and learning how you scratch build... very tempted to have a go at one of these in the future.

If you're ever passing Cambridge I know quite a few chaps who would love to see your model!

Rgds, gazza l

1 hour ago, gazza l said:

Excellent work Roy, stunning result, it's nice to see the scale of it compared with your good self.

I'm not a car modeler but it's been fascinating watching it come together and learning how you scratch build... very tempted to have a go at one of these in the future.

If you're ever passing Cambridge I know quite a few chaps who would love to see your model!

Rgds, gazza l

Hello Gary - I'm in constant touch with 'those' people...

Keep an eye on the Lister website...

Roy.