"Israeli" F84-F EC.1/1 Corse, unit badge decals? Or other "israeli" F-84F

Troy Smith

Does anyone know if there are decals for this, or just the unit badge that looks like a coiled cobra, scale 1/48th

F-84F_Israel_AdlA.jpg

profile  here

http://www.acig.info/CMS/?option=com_content&task=view&id=205&Itemid=47

Lod
- EC.1/1 Corse (and several aircraft of the EC.1/3 Navarre) /200 Sqn, F-84F Thunderstreak (18 French fighters): invasion strips on the rear fuselage in front of the roundel, three red diagonal strips over the fin and the rear fuselage, red ring around the intake, red wingtips, Israeli markings, US serial in black on the fin, code in black on the nose with the last letter repeated in the middle of the fin: (5)29109/1-NX. Diagonal green stripes on the fin, with US serial and the last letter of the code: (5)2110/1-PX.

ada_f_84f_ec1_1_200_sqn_001.jpg

I note there is a black striped F-84F in the background  of the pic.

I'm surprised that no-one has done this scheme, or have I just not  looked in the right places,  i do have this sheet

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/BER48027

Thanks in advance 

T

Hi Troy Smith

I had drawn all the decals myself, (most visible) stencils included. At least I can be certain whom to blame in case they do not live to my expectations ...:D Also, serial number of this ˝IAF˝ F-84F is somewhat questionable, see the following debate:

At the end I settled for a 1-NK 52-8914 upon Paul Bradley's advice. Cheers

Jure

• Like 1

If you can find it, Carpena (now Colorado) 48.15 will give you the squadron markings in 1/48th.

The port side markings bear the insignia of SPA-88 the starboard markings are for SPA-69

Carpena give the markings for an ex E.C.2/1 jet transferred to E.C.1/1 based at Lydda, it still bears the 1-PF codes of E.C.2.1 and tricolours instead of Israeli stars but otherwise it provides the difficult markings you are trying to find - and sorry, no, you can't have mine.  Sorry about that :(

• Like 1

On 16.12.2016 at 3:40 PM, Troy Smith said:

Does anyone know if there are decals for this, or just the unit badge that looks like a coiled cobra, scale 1/48th

F-84F_Israel_AdlA.jpg

profile  here

http://www.acig.info/CMS/?option=com_content&task=view&id=205&Itemid=47

ada_f_84f_ec1_1_200_sqn_001.jpg

I note there is a black striped F-84F in the background  of the pic.

I'm surprised that no-one has done this scheme, or have I just not  looked in the right places,  i do have this sheet

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/BER48027

Thanks in advance 

T

Hi-Decal did these markings for the "REDUX" kit in 1/48 - in fact for both squadrons transferred to Israel (red stripped and green stripped F-84Fs with Stars of David or French roundels).

In case of interest please let me know by PM.

Greetings

Diego

• Like 1

The squadron making is for the Southern Cobra squadron witch until a few years ago flew cobra attack helicopters before being disbanded.Will look for my badge and photos of more of there aircraft.

• Like 1

Thank you for all the information and details of where the  markings appear. Very helpful, and given me some pointers.

I'd  never heard  of the Redux kit before, 2 x  Monogram?  kits (or a Monogram and a Heller?)  plus new decals and masks 

s-l500.jpg

Ragatiger, I have 'Wings over Suez' but it was elsewhere when I posted, but it's a great book, and I'd forgotten it had quite a few F-84  photos.

cheers

T