Extractor fan for booth

mikeq6666

hi

I'm thinking of getting a spray booth and ideally would like to be able to vent it out of the garage workshop wall.  The distance from where I'd be using it means I might need extra ducting and an extractor fan in the wall.  Anyone got any experience and recommendation re this kind of setup.  Recommended extractor fan units etc.

cheers

mike

Hi,

Not sure about the cheap ones that won't take flammable materials.

The Graphicair A300S-D that we sell is supplied as standard with a 2m long, 100mm diameter (tumble dryer size) hose & they are normally happy to supply up to 4m in length.  The standard 100mm fitting males fitting it simple. There are a number of different adapters and vents available from DIY stores.

http://www.modellingtools.co.uk/face-masks--extractors-22-c.asp

Paul

I use a cooker hood upside down on my desk with a chipboard surround, vented out of the workshop via a hole I knocked in it.  I've described it in more detail elsewhere, so I won't drone on about the nitty-gritty :)

Metal flexible ducting or rigid plastic ducting is the best way, and the cheapo thin plastic stuff with a wire "spring" is very flimsy.

• 4 weeks later...
On 17 December 2016 at 8:35 PM, little-cars said:

Hi,

Not sure about the cheap ones that won't take flammable materials.

The Graphicair A300S-D that we sell is supplied as standard with a 2m long, 100mm diameter (tumble dryer size) hose & they are normally happy to supply up to 4m in length.  The standard 100mm fitting males fitting it simple. There are a number of different adapters and vents available from DIY stores.

http://www.modellingtools.co.uk/face-masks--extractors-22-c.asp

Paul

Hi there, I'm also looking for a new spray booth, and I've been looking at the Graphicair A300S can you tell me the dimensions of the unit without the hood fitted. I'm short for space at my work area, so I'm looking to find out the depth of it, and how far it will sit out from the wall without the hood fitted.

cheers

Hi,

Sizes, the filter is 37 by 49cm.  Unit  main box is 56.6 x 39 x 43cm.

The standard hose that is fitted is a collapsible 2m long by 100mm diameter and takes standard tumble drier fittings, you can pay for extra length, up to 4m. 

The 2m hose squashes down quite well, it is a steel wire with a material outer, so will last many years.

As you don't know how long the first filter is going to last we offer a bundle with a spare filter for £290 ans also have spare filters at shows to save people postage costs.

http://www.modellingtools.co.uk/graphicair-a300s-d--plus-spare-filter-offer-11996-p.asp

I've had mine for more than 15 years and it's still going strong.

Hope that helps,

Paul