SAS Jeep (Tamiya 1:35)

Hi All,

I have this in my stash (well, small pile of kits) and was going to build this before I started my Chinook (now complete). I've decided now would be a good time before I commence any GB's next year.

I've seen a few fantastic builds in the RFI's (no pressure!!) but not in WIP (though could be wrong)

31640101786_ee0d1c89a2_o.jpg

31640102306_f665645d39_o.jpg

31640101236_ddea902465_o.jpg

I'm trying Flickr for the first time (instead of PhotoBucket) and it's a bit of a phaff to post pictures!! Any tips on making things easier?

• Like 1

Good start there and having started exactly the same kit yesterday I'm at about the same position.

What are the extra details you have?  I'm looking to get a much better pair of Vickers guns than the kit offering, any ideas?

Cheers

Doc

13 hours ago, Dr_Fester said:

Good start there and having started exactly the same kit yesterday I'm at about the same position.

What are the extra details you have?  I'm looking to get a much better pair of Vickers guns than the kit offering, any ideas?

Cheers

Doc

Hi Doc, I only have the additional resin parts that you see in the opening post. This is a 'fun' build for me so I'm not going to be looking at too much 'detail' :whistle: 

13 hours ago, Bangor Lad said:

Although this kit is pretty much in the 'vintage' category, it certainly rewards a little investment of care and few extra details. I will be following with interest.

Cheers

Hi Bangor, Thanks for tagging along. This is planned as a quick build but I hope she comes out OK nonetheless. :)

8 hours ago, Long haired david said:

Back in the 1960s my friend Roger scratchbuilt an SAS jeep and the two crew I can't even remember what chassis it was. Anyway, excuse the scratchy image as the photo is so old. All credit to Roger Whittle.

sas.jpg

All credit indeed. Thanks for the picture - Looks very lifelike! :) 

So I'm about to apply some more paint and I'm thinking there's something not quite right about the cans. Then it hits me - the handles are missing!! I wondered what these were  :whistle: 

31912518111_eb7cdd8e5f_o.jpg

DOH!! :doh:

7 hours ago, Hamden said:

Nice work like that a lot!

Roger

Hi Roger - thanks for the kind words :) I realised when adding it to the RFI that it's in the wrong WIP section (it's not so shiny as it's neighbours)!