1/72 Lightning T4 finally finished

Hi all,

I'm sure I had an in-progress report for this build, but I can not find it (probably so old its dropped off the site!), so you will all have to make do with the finished article.

I have modified the nose on this by adding the quick-boost nose ring and moving the nose undercarriage bay forward by a few mm to match the size of the sword F1/2/3 and airfix F6 kits.  

Alclad for the metal, and a mix of kit/Model decal for the markings.  Not much else I can say so on to the picks!

Tim

IMGP0119_zpsbtbyv90g.jpg

IMGP0118_zpsdaiziggy.jpg

IMGP0117_zpsehl5cdr2.jpg

IMGP0116_zpspljgrrpc.jpg

IMGP0112_zpsjmc9hgrj.jpg

IMGP0111_zpsoxsmdz89.jpg

IMGP0110_zpsfs3gaobd.jpg

IMGP0109_zps27ff59fh.jpg

• Like 48

A beautiful Lightning with a fantastic metal finish.  My favourite Lightning scheme too.  I take it this is the Sword kit? I have one in the stash bit I doubt it will turn out anything like as good as this. 

22 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

A beautiful Lightning with a fantastic metal finish.  My favourite Lightning scheme too.  I take it this is the Sword kit? I have one in the stash bit I doubt it will turn out anything like as good as this. 

Yes, its the sword kit.  Not the easiest of builds, but with a bit of effort they make up into good replicas.

Tim

On 12/17/2016 at 3:39 PM, Darren Rhodes said:

Indeed, a beautiful Lightning and finish. :goodjob:  Making me review whether I should start mine sooner than planned! 

Darren

oh go on, you know it makes sense ;-)

Not sure how I've missed this one! You've got yourself a superb model there, top work. 

(Turns out I have already commented, I hadn't missed it! I must be sat too near to the Tamiya Extra Thin again!) 

Edited by DAG058
  • Like 1