Propeller blurs

Hirst89

It looks the part if what you're trying to reproduce is the appearance of a photograph of a rotating prop. It doesn't look the part if what you're trying to reproduce is the appearance of a rotating prop in real life, in which case a plain disc with the barest hint of the prop base colour is more appropriate (or more practically, a colourless disc that you can still actually discern), or ideally an actual rotating prop, which is now very much eaier than ever before to arrange given the widespread availability of very small inexpensive motors which are manufactured to make phones vibrate. e.g. http://shop.evilmadscientist.com/productsmenu/131

The legitimacy of either approach is entirely a question for the discretion of the modeller, of course.

Edited by Work In Progress

12 hours ago, Rodders154 said:

I don't like the blurred props my personal opinion is it distracts from the build

Rodders 

I formed the same opinion, at least for model aircraft posed in flight. Now I just fill the spinner and leave the propeller blades off altogether. Each to their own though.

Cheers

Steve

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rodders154 said:

I don't like the blurred props my personal opinion is it distracts from the build

Rodders 

I feel the same way - the etched thing that is offered looks like a strange fan not a revolving propellor. It ruins the look of the model. My suggestion would be just to leave the blades off entirely.

• Like 1