1/32 Accurate Figures, Redcoats

Al Gunthwaite

Hi Folks

I don't get down to this end of the board often (tucked away as it is)!

I need some 1/32 scale 18th Century Redcoats for a castle project I'm working on for a Christmas present.  Accuracy and historical faithfulness are not critical.  My first attempts were with the HAT 7 Years War Prussian Infantry that I intended painting as British.  I should emphasise that I have painted literally armies of soft plastic figures in my time (wash thoroughly and use an acrylic paint with a high polymer content to provide elasticity).  However, having got half way through, paint was peeling off.  Not good.  So my second effort is with the Accurate Figures American Revolution British Infantry...

Accurate%20Mins%20British%20Infantry%20B

The figures are a selection from set 1 and set 2.  My aim is to paint then in a traditional toy soldier style.

I've washed them in soapy water and undercoated in white (spray can).  So far the red coats, green facings and flesh has been painted (and a bit of blue on the flag)...

Accurate%20Mins%20British%20Infantry%20S

I think the red coats and green facings make them look somewhat festive!

Al

• Like 4

My apologies for this being a bit of a rubbish WIP - time has been pressing and the priority to get the job done.  However, they're just about finished:

Accurate%20Mins%20British%20Infantry%201

Painted with Lifecolor and Vallejo acrylics, Games Workshop washes and varnished with Ronseal Matt varnish.  They are deliberately in a "toy Soldier" style, so the only shadows are from the washes and there's no highlighting.

Overall the figures were better than I was expecting.  I'm now waiting for the varnish to dry so they can be wrapped up for Christmas Day!

Al

• Like 7

• 4 months later...