144 BOAC Britannia decals

neillbill

Well after the previous decal failure I stripped all off, new future coat, new decals from same source, peeling off again.

Going to sidetrack this one probably going for RAF Transport Command livery I can get decals for that and the basic paint scheme is pretty close so I don't have to do a full repaint

Bill

Sorry I was referring back to an earlier post of mine which seems to have vanished.....

To sum up, I built the 144 Roden Britannia, did my usual Tamiya rattle can white and Tamiya rattle can silver leaf, Future overall two coats, then the kit decals.

Came back later and the decals had peeled off and curled up, Microsol did not help, or more future.

So got another set of Roden decals, try again, same result. Looking now to get the F-rsn Britannia kit just for the decals. Meantime building the F resn Hermes (don't ask) to see how F-rsn decals perform, since I really want a BOAC scheme. If that does not pan out going for an RAF scheme instead.

Funny cos I built the Roden VC10 with no problems.

Bill

If you're trying to build the F-RSIN Hermes you have my sympathy!  It's one of the few kits I've abandoned as unbuildable as opposed to the ones I've screwed through incompetence.  At least the engines are good but the rest is junk.  If you really want a Hermes in your collection Welsh Models is the way to go.  Their Hermes is nice and an easy build.

Buying an entire F-RSIN Britannia for the decals seems a rather expensive way of going at things.  Have you thought about asking Laurent Herjean at F-RSIN if he would sell you the decals on their own?  Laurent is a nice guy and very helpful and the worst that can happen is that he says no.  Incidentally despite what I said about the Hermes, I'm a fan of F-RSIN's plastic kits and the Britannia is really good as are the Deux Ponts and the Trident 3B - I've built all three.  They're a lot more difficult than Revell or Zvezda but if you put in the work you'll be rewarded with a good model

By co-incidence I have just bought a Roden Britannia kit too and wondered about the decals, but I shall be using the Two-Six decals for a RAF Transport Command Brit. 

Two-Six also do British Eagle, Donaldson and others for this kit.