Revell 1:52 Snowspeeder

hi all just finished this one and hope everyone likes it????

due to being a small and quick build kit I wanted to push myself and do something special with it so cam up with idea of doing it from a scene out of the Empire strikes back ( which is my favourite) and who an forgot the epic battle on Hoth.....

so armed with google and a test to my skill level I got on and built the kit which had no issues and is as mentioned a basic snap tighter kit.
the dio I first put a layer of filler with some white paint mixed in so wouldn't yellow then positioned the speeder where wanted it, then let it dry overnight,,, after armed with some hairspray I used deluxe snow and sprinkled over the base.......
after weathering the speeder I glued it in place then applied the built up snow fixing it with x20, after was a case of just finishing touches including the footsteps walking away from the speeder...
P1160420.jpg

P1160421.jpg

P1160423.jpg

P1160424.jpg

P1160425.jpg

P1160426.jpg

P1160427.jpg

P1160428.jpg

P1160429.jpg

• Like 12

54 minutes ago, Nocoolname said:

Great stuff! Are you going to add the new Revell AT-AT to the diorama?

no as seen the kit and was not impressed at all and not at the price it is lol,,,,, was tempted on scratch building  foot but have no idea how...

9 minutes ago, batcode said:

no as seen the kit and was not impressed at all and not at the price it is lol,,,,, was tempted on scratch building  foot but have no idea how...

It is a pretty rough kit for sure. But the nearest in scale to what I want would be the Alfred Wong resin kit which while great by comparison is about 6 times the price. I'm thinking of completely sanding down the Revell kit to the basic shape and rebuilding and detailing from there.

1 hour ago, Nocoolname said:

It is a pretty rough kit for sure. But the nearest in scale to what I want would be the Alfred Wong resin kit which while great by comparison is about 6 times the price. I'm thinking of completely sanding down the Revell kit to the basic shape and rebuilding and detailing from there.

yeah I did see something on a google search of someone whos redoing the whole thing which is going be quite a bit and many hours......I have seen a studio resin kit huge and hefty price but if only lol