1/72 Kawasaki Ki-48-I Type-99 Light Bomber

Hi guys, this is a very old kit which I get from a senior. Hasegawa 1/72nd scale.

The marking of 16th Light Bomber Air Combat Regimetnt, 3rd Company, Chōsen (now North Korea), Autumn 1941 - 1945.

川崎 九九式双発軽爆撃機 I 型 (キ-48-I)第16 軽爆撃戦空戦連隊,1941-1945 秋,朝鮮

Let's make it short here - I insist to try new methods and experiments on my every build, for this Ki-48-i, I tried to modify the flight control surfaces - flaps & ailerons to make them into like "flaps down". For the interior/cockpit, I sprayed with 40% Gunze 04 Yellow + 30% Gunze 309 Green FS34079 + 30% Gunze 310 Brown FS30219 (暗灰黃綠色, which recommend by Hasegawa). Masked all the clear parts after that & start the paintwork. Done painting & chipping on both propellers and engine crowling by Hairspray technique. For the fuselage - GAIA 032 Ultimate Black > Sunin S/Steel > Hairspray (decan & spray with 18 psi) > Gunze 130 Dark Green Kawasaki. Wash by different brushes, airbrush needle, pen-knife etc. For sure trials and errors during experiments. 

I also spray a layer of very diluted Gunze 130 onto chipped area attempt to make peeling-off effect but not successful. Hand-painted anti-slip by AV Vallejo 70.950 Black, post-shading with very diluted Tamiya XF-1 Flat Black enamel paint to make it more nice I guess. For the diorama, I use a Styrofoam board at the size of approx. 15cm x 15cm. VERY simple Japanese style environment setting - sand-beige ground with some grass + Sakura trees. Looks a little empty on the right side of the diorama so I add a pilot from Hasegawa X72-8 WW-II Pilot set. 

cover.jpg

IMG_1.jpg

IMG_2.jpg

IMG_3.jpg

IMG_4.jpg

IMG_5.jpg

IMG_6.jpg

IMG_7.jpg

IMG_2303.jpg

IMG_2304.jpg

IMG_2305.jpg

IMG_2314.jpg

IMG_2316.jpg

IMG_2317.jpg

IMG_2323.jpg

IMG_2331.jpg

IMG_2353.jpg

IMG_2392.jpg

Thanks for dropping by, Cheers and enjoy the holidays - Christmas is just around the corner!

Edited by Fishbone
  • Like 25