VW Caddy Mk1

Cooper645

This is brilliant, great conversion, paint and one big 'ol turbo to boot. There's some guy that drives one of these around MK, it even has similar wide wheels with those stretched tyres on. The difference is that it has that painted on "beater look" a lot of younger VW enthusiasts go for. Great job so far.

All the best.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so managed to get some more bits done on the caddy. 

The steering link  was slightly too short after I had repinned the suspension pins, so a donor piece of sprue was inserted into the center.

77rgb743jISAP84uaa0NvlwXd3N7Io4hDYApuaWl

The rear wheels were skimmed on the back side and refitted until I was happy.  Think I will de chrome them but not sure what colour to go with if I do. Some photo-shopping should narrow my options down.

7pWXNVDfe_X9UQ1gqORXJoxW6XPpXwZsBVeBObai

BlH6cwarWiFiqfoG3Mf1JY5wDizNlZ62TAbGj_lv

4oXt0WQHObwquMiYQw5pba0r02TnnGOKxKN7HbZg

And some of the remaining pieces were removed from the sprue, primed and some paint thrown on. 

4EtEBhnl46p5b73NY_2dMqddiJkPkCkgqtFz6oT3

The body shell and panels are now curing  another coat of lacquer. This will have a couple of weeks to dry properly before getting a polish. Then it will be time to start getting this thing built. (I hope)

Thanks for dropping by for the update. As ever comments etc are all welcomed. 

Coops

Edited by Cooper645
Autocorrect fails
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Ok, so no updates for a while due to work being busy and not really having the inclination to get outsied in the evenings. (Weekends have been simply work)

Got back out to the bench this afternnon for a bit and decided to get the engine bay glued together, and managed to panel line the vents on the bonnet aswell.

There's really not much space inside the engine bay with the engine upgrade.

Spgmtv8058lo3M0BFVHVl92vcWVtBNJiyPtQ43_S

mNlZQM6ZmX5_4CLfMYjedAJsU78BHk2WWt-BWKXV

1So5_n6k2gnDuaXW1w3NdMMlvP9HiQ5rDT_X44u_

fzP4-YucYQsfg9dTtcCVgf0XwroMIdtqCtDWW3Ic

All the other little bits are looking good, so next update should be the interior tub made up;    floor pan to engine bay;       then figure out the rest of the required build order.  Not being OOTB requires a bit of problem solving.  Can't wait to see this on the shelf in the lounge, fingers crossed no later than May Bank Holiday.

Edited by Cooper645
  • Like 4

Ok, so i finished work at lunch and decied to make the most of it.

I have managed to get a fair bit more done on the build.

The order of work;

1. Fit the bonnet and dash
  2. Fit the rear wall carpet
  3. fit the Roof lining and mirror
  4. Fit the engine bay
  5. Fit the rear window (fits from the inside)
  6. Fit the pre built interior (Some sanding required to squeeze behind the engine)
  7. Fit the front half of the floor pan
  8. Fit the rear bed + tailgate
  9. Fit the Fuel tank
  10. Fit the front bumper and lights
  11. Fit the FMIC
  12. Call it a night

So here are the pictures, enjoy;

s71MsrEbx5LkiHity7cC_tRRV63cBJwykLoF2EyM

ZD6nwB3MdWnrbQLaAIBAlDE62RuMV38Xa0SCI-L7

SCZLbyaSYAaZYiWi9snUztaKdxnjzYJkLuiYxQ4c

Rj2LIFcX2rLk5q2OKmpiXKCj5ZOCXd9HIqE4kX4Y

bz_ylQh0gh9766Nob5H7yeq6_U6N8HWz0aCffzBe

FhBhsySFnuV8DhKy4r6BGK5x3ARJZIg9lXjw8rID

q9hqa53EwJHwA9NQBEx9Z3SUTLHsVmrIdWQdt3_G

mVRmTEa94ohmXEqTS4sZKjemQgB92y_ydtT1bGwX

1 more good long slog should see it finished.

Untill next time;

As always, thank you for taking the time to observe the slow progress, but the end is now very much in sight.

• Like 4

This is starting to (actually scrap that, it always has) looked really good now.

Just one question - what's the story behind the yellow engine bay? Is it representing a paint job which only covers the bits that show or is there some other reason behind it?

On 4/9/2019 at 10:36 PM, Spiny said:

This is starting to (actually scrap that, it always has) looked really good now.

Just one question - what's the story behind the yellow engine bay? Is it representing a paint job which only covers the bits that show or is there some other reason behind it?

The only reason is that i fancied it being Yellow.  I just thought it was a nice contrasting colour to make it stand out a bit more.

So the build is finished now and here is a little picture of the finished article.  The rest will be posted in the RFI section here

A huge thank you to everyone who has stopped in on this to see how its going and providing words of encouragement etc.  There are things I wish i could go back and redo but thats just how it goes.

Coops

WJCAKuRZ9xkjYoU8FHot0J5AVK7uMHUqsEGSiUhb

Edited by Cooper645
  • Like 3