Mpc 1/72? Eagle Transporter

Hi all. I know the mpc kit is horrible, but I simply don't have the room for a 22" model on the shelf. 

Has anybody come up with a plan to correct the spine? In IMHO, it seems too steep when viewed head on and too wide when viewed from above. I was thinking of just shortening the crossbars that hold the two longitudinal sections together then re-attaching them. In addition to getting the pe fret for the landing pads, and then hollowing out the cages, then scratch-building some details....I'm good to go? 

Thanks

Edited by Mike Esposito

There have been some excellent buildups of the old MPC kit- 

I would suggest checking out the forums on EagleTransporter.com 

This thread is about modifying the MPC/Round 2 Deluxe Eagle kit- it takes a bit to  get started but some great info there:

http://www.eagletransporter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161808

That is the first one I could think of at the moment, but that forum has a number of threads about modifying the kit is question.

• Like 1

As you can see you can do an awful lot with the stock kit and a little bit of effort. My advice would be to aim for what looks nice for you and stick to that. I got 'slightly' carried away with my own and... well... long story  :rolleyes:

As much as I like the 1/48 kits I really wish R2 would issue a 1/72 version of their molds . :huh:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Ahem yes, the Eagles were modified quite substantially from episode to episode, and re-painted , bashed about and re-worked to fit what was required, so  there is no 'standard'. Anything you duo can be as correct as any other eagle. 

• 2 weeks later...