Decals not sticking Roden britannia

neillbill

Got a strange problem, I got the Roden Brittania built no issues, painted in Tamiya rattlecan white and silver, and future coated. A combo I have used before just fine. However the Roden decals wont stick to it, I put them on with my usual Microset Microsol routine but they just flake off.  I got a spare set of decals but reluctant to use them before I figure out what went wrong. Anybody help?

Thanks

Bill

3 minutes ago, billneill said:

Thanks, can I still move the decals around a bit on the wet future? I'm not too good at setting them down just right

Bill

Nor am I. I'm not a huge fan of the method except in cases like this, but I used it recently on an Amodel Yak-28. As long as there's enough Future under the decal, it can be floated into position, so it probably doesn't hurt to apply it liberally in the general area the decal is destined for.

One suggestion I have been offered by other modellers to combat the difficulties of Rodent decals is to lay the decal on with reasonably/hot warm water and then, once it is in the right place take a piece of kitchen paper or such like and dip it into very hot water (as hot as you can handle) and press the decal down with it. The heat softens the decal and really helps it conform to the surface. I used a little teapot to keep the water as hot as possible and then just pressed a wadded up piece of kitchen paper against the spout and tipped until it was wet with nice hot water.