1/48 Kinetic Sea Harrier FRS.1

Calum

2 hours ago, pacificmustang said:

looking good Calum, didn't you go away from the GiaNotes as you found it too hot though?  Do you prefer it over the X22 /self levelling thinner you were using?

I did Bruce, and it is hot, but this model has been painted mostly with Mr Color Lacquers , the nose cone being the exception (Tamiya, NATO Black)  so I was confident tha the gaianotes would be fine. The only issue I have X22 is it is susceptible to finger prints at times whereas the Gaianotes is not.

Finally got some work done on the smaller bits. Everything is from the kit.

I did add some detail to the nose wheel as it's quite prominent.  

Sea-Harrier-FRS-48.jpg

Sea-Harrier-FRS-49.jpg

Sea-Harrier-FRS-50.jpg

Sidewinders are from the kit. They are really nice after the seam lines are cleaned up. The Covers are from Dr Pepper. I did alter the upper part of the sidewinder rails to make them look more like what I remember them looking like. 

Sea-Harrier-FRS-51.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Nearly done. Just have to paint the pilot and find and re-attach the air vane on the nose. I did intend to fit a ladder but forget to procure one, and am not going to pay $20 for one :D

I'm also considering flat coating the base, it's quite shiny. I'd be interested in opinions on whether this would improve the looks.

Sea-Harrier-FRS-56.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Your harrier your SHAR looks very nice, it the first of the 'new age' Harriers I've seen built. 

If you intend to show it as being on the Hermes 82, would it be worth looking at lashing it down to the deck. All naval aircraft are lashed once onboard, only being released to move on the deck/between decks or on take off. The Harrier tended to only use chains and not the white nylon lashings the Sea Kings used. Just a thought.

I enjoy your post's on FB by the way.