I really want one of these.

arni

They were clunky and chunky but as long as they get you from A-B who cares and they were reliable....I worked for a dealership that sold them over here when they were first sold in the UK,wouldn't get you any street cred and the original SEATs were little pocket rockets.....

I was lent one for a couple of months while I was in the middle of rebuilding my Mini about '93ish.

I didn't think it was too bad, decent Fiat based mechanicals but very lightweight so wouldn't have liked to be involved in an accident in it, but then again I've owned 8 Skoda Estelles so what would I know about quality :lol:

1 minute ago, Black Knight said:

You should check out the film 'Drowning Mona'.

Set in up-state New York everyone in the town drives a Yugo

Its a B movie comedy.

Come to think of it, they were a bit of a cult car in the states back in the day, although that stopped when the Zastava factory got bombed during the NATO intervention.

9 minutes ago, Bonhoff said:

Come to think of it, they were a bit of a cult car in the states back in the day, although that stopped when the Zastava factory got bombed during the NATO intervention.

Yep,Bruce Wiliis had one in Moonlighting....He wasn't overhappy about it but that's life as a PI...

Edited by Vince1159
  • Like 1

Did a google search to see if there was a photo of a rally prepped Yugo that was sponsored by the dealer in Nottingham when I first started competing. 

Didn't find one but did find this Yugo that looked like a "Deltona" that had shrunk in the wash...

How to make Lancia fans cry......

Me likey, but then I've owned 8 Skoda Estelles.....

• Like 1

On 12/12/2016 at 8:52 PM, Bonhoff said:

Did a google search to see if there was a photo of a rally prepped Yugo that was sponsored by the dealer in Nottingham when I first started competing. 

Didn't find one but did find this Yugo that looked like a "Deltona" that had shrunk in the wash...

How to make Lancia fans cry......

Me likey, but then I've owned 8 Skoda Estelles.....

8ff8a50a35e003ca5db8cc0d4ca1a4ad.jpg

• Like 4

:lol:

A lot of the little sub-compact hatches of the era had very similar rear quarters.  Mk1 Golf, Mk1 Fiesta, Dodge Omni, Yugo...and I'm sure there are others.

Though I will say the Yugo you posted is in much better shape than my Golf as it currently sits.  :whistle:

31605363676_2aec42704a.jpg  31495814482_0d9544a933.jpg

Edited by helios16v

2 hours ago, vinnie the panda said:

Don't forget Fiat's hot hatches...127 Sport & Ritmo Abarth!

fiat-127-sport-3.jpgRitmo-125-TC-Abarth-1.jpg

That second one if fugly.  I'm so glad that the bug eyed looks of the 90s has finally  gone out of style. 

Am I the only one who sees "tiny" Volvo in the first pic?  It looks like the product of an unholy night of passion between a Volvo 740 and a Golf. 

Edited by Thud4444

3 hours ago, directorcass said:

They had considered a stretched version at one point, called the "We-go".

Thank you. I'll be here all week.

You're not far from the truth.

Zastava saw that the 2 door Yugo suited the 1 or 2 person market so they planned a 4 door version for families - it was to be called Forgo - four go

• Like 1