Sea Fury FB.11 - Trumpeter 1/72

CedB

Thanks Bill - I love that photograph, taken when he was at Colerne which is just up the road from here. 

Thanks Rob - another vote! I'd like to make sure Tony Tiger is around to see it being built and have PM'd him. If he's not around yet I may go for something else in the meantime.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

Go for Ginger's XIV - you can do it in post-war markings if you like grey and green. Besides, Ginger was a modeller hisself (note the empty bottle of scotch):

lacey%20with%20model.jpg

Cheers,

Bill

He seems like he was quite a character: the film critic Roger Ebert met him during the making of Battle of Britain: http://www.rogerebert.com/interviews/interview-with-ginger-lacey

"Why, I belong to one of the best [yacht clubs] there ever was...No yachts and no women, five bars and three snooker tables. Bloody fine."

• Like 5

Thanks Rob - I'm not sure yet...

Hornet and/or Mossie?

A different Spitfire? I bought some Colorcoats enamels for an 'old school' brush painting build.

Airfix Ju52 for a trip down memory lane?

Better get the MiG finished first and hang some previous builds so I have some room!

• Like 1

News flash - just heard from @TonyTiger66. Without spoiling his news (which I'm sure he'll post in his usual eloquent and humorous fashion when he has time) he's around and about, although moving house so very busy.

Ginger Lacey Spitfire it is (when I've finished the MiG) in the 1945 scheme. He's dragged me out of Europe again, but not reluctantly.

I was of course referring to my 'WWII Europe' theme, not politics.

Edit: More news from Tony over here.

• Like 4

Hello! Just in the nick of time :)!

Its great to see Fury complete, lovely job Ced with some very tricky bits involved :thumbsup: . 

Im glad that old Ginger's aircraft is popular, and quite honoured for it to make it to a Ced build :worthy: .

Happy 2017 and thanks Ced for opting for the Spitfire, my apologies for dragging you out of Europe. 

I would have made a very bad dogs dinner out of it and it would have ended up in the Drawer of Doom. This way it will get done (as do all Ced's builds) , a cunning plan you see :D!

All best regards!

TonyT

• Like 4

Thanks Tony, very kind - I hope I'll live up to your expectations! 

I'll post a link here when I start, hopefully soon. :) 

Edit: Spitfire WiP started here - come on over!