Sea Fury FB.11 - Trumpeter 1/72

CedB

Thanks guys - no wine tonight so I should be fit for the metalling and other small bits in the morning.

Thanks Alex for the Concorde info, found on YouTube:

• Like 7

Nice video and well worked touch ups on your Sea Fury. Don't know why I don't like the plane as I like some others, who are uglier. Really don't know. What will be your next? The Airfix Superfreighter for Tony Tiger? Cheers

• Like 1

Looks jolly good to me, Ced! Your paintwork only gets better and better, I think. One suggestion -- looks like there might be a minute dab of white on the starboard aileron that could do with being painted over in EDSG.

• Like 3

Great video, Ced! I wouldn't have wanted to be a passenger on that particular take-off, I would have lost my lunch. Very amusing with it beating up the strip early on. Landing roll-out was amusingly short, but that may have been edited. It would be a handful to fly - that thing really moves!

+1 re PC's comment on your painting - that one is terrific.

Cheers,

Alex.

• Like 1

Thanks Benedikt - I know, it's weird isn't it? One reason it's been in the stash for so long... not sure what's next (apart from finishing the MiG) as I haven't thought about it yet but the freighter is certainly an option. Or perhaps a Spitfire...

Thanks Greg - cheers! We're going to need a bigger boat :D

Thanks PC - dang, you spotted my poor masking on that side! I have two options - correct ailerons or straight stripes... I think I might take the lazy option as it won't be seen on the ceiling and no-one will know :whistle:

Thanks Alex - certainly that model looked to be a handful and I did notice the long finals. 

• Like 4

Nice recovery on the stripes! Having to touch up white over black is a right pain. But obviously, drinking wine before painting works wonders... Good job there were no ladders involved.

On the last lap (or so) now! Finish inside 2016??

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1

Eyes like a hawk that Mr P!

nice work, shame about the paint bleed, but you have done a great job sorting it out!

the daughter and I loved the Concorde vid, cool RC, we both feared for it on the landing approach mind...

Rob

• Like 2

Thanks Adrian. I don't think I'm going to finish this before the New Year (boo!) because I'm still feeling 'under the weather' (whatever that means) and I've been slowed down by... see below.

Thanks Johnny,  Spookytooth, Leon and Nomis. 

Thanks Rob - glad you liked the video!

I'm off to see 'Rogue One' in a while and, as we're leaving the house to the girls over New Year, I'd hoped I could get the transfers on before I went. It was not to be. I have two things I'm trying to do better at now, canopies and prop tips. I masked the prop tips and sprayed Model Air yellow. Useless. Later I brushed some Hu24. Just now I peeled off the masks:

31923721176_a2d9b18f83_z.jpg

Oh lummy - were not my exact words. The yellow has peeled. Now my 'try to get it right' prop, after Micro-meshing the tips, looked like this:

31812874112_3bc2559a44_z.jpg

So I reverted to the Liquidex pen:

31151367343_983ed1b9aa_z.jpg

I'll touch up the rest later. Now I won't have tips like Tony's but, as my old Mum would have said, "there's always next time".

I can't get to my 'transfer station' either:

31844083881_c0317a4b85_z.jpg

The girls have friends coming to stay (what could go wrong? They are grown up now) so this has been moved from the guest room, according to Mrs B "temporarily". Better be.

So I won't be doing much until we're back in the New Year - have a good one everybody!

• Like 16

Looking good, shame about the paint, but well saved, and as for the tape problems, if we don't try things, how will we know 

what works and what doesn't?

Off to see Rouge One tomorrow,  I'm like a big kid, can't wait really,

Sean

• Like 2

Happy New Year everyone!

Thanks Tony, Keith, Cookie and Alex :)

Thanks Johnny - I brush painted Tamiya Flat Black and then masked and sprayed Model Air Yellow and the brushed Hu24. Silly me. 

Thanks Sean and Greg - enjoyed 'Rogue One' a lot. No spoilers here though!

Thanks Benedikt. I want one of those paper 'plane guns!

Bought myself a new camera. Now everyone will be able to see my mistakes! First shot of the Mr Hobby Iron exhausts and AK paste steel on the plate thingies:

31655606700_2cdc04aec2_z.jpg

• Like 14

Cool Coolpix Ced. Hope it brings you many happy pictures.

You're right about the cruelty of them showing up more mistakes! It's like with better resolution cameras needing better makeup on an actor/actress - I find every little flaw is magnified.

I have to be much more careful with my make-up these days...:lol:

• Like 6