This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Ragtag

1/72 DHFS Decals

Ragtag    164

Hi Paul,

I'm trying to source decals to do both a Squirrel and Griffin in Defence Helicopter Flying School colours but the decal sheets seem to sparse thesedays. Are these something you'd be able to do?

Regards,

Stu

Ragtag    164

Hi Paul,

the sheet is Model Alliance 72151 but seems to be out of stock everywhere and unlikely to be reprinted.

Stu

Hi Stu

just looked at what you require on the net.

There's a fair bite of white to be printed and yellow decal for the undersides of the griffin.

How quick do you need them ?

The white inkjet only allows enough white ink down the heads so it does not come out thick enough.

The lettering is very small,the roundels on white is no probelm a white dot with red and blue roundel.

The yellow chevrons you could use trim film from hannants to do that.

It is doable

Paul

Ragtag    164

Hi Paul,

I've only just started clearing the flash from the mouldings of the Squirrel and haven't even ordered the Griffin kit yet so no real urgency. I'm not too worried about the chevrons I'll likely just mask and spray them when I do the other yellow bits - the DHFS lettering, squadron codes, numbers and various small details are what I really need. I'm looking to model ZJ256 which was rather helpfully at RIAT a couple of years ago so there are plenty of pics about :)

Stu

Vicarage Vee    202

Hi Stu, 

I have a Griffin that is complete save for missing the "Defence Helicopter Flying School" titles and a Squirrel that hasn't been started. I'd be happy to help spread the cost.