Red Baronless Fokker Dr1

kev_1962

Hi there. Thought I would dip my toe into 1/72 scale ww1 aircraft and where better to start than the Red Barons Fokker Dr1 tri plane. So I have acquired such a kit made by revell. Up until now I've always built 1/72 scale ww2 aircraft and always been airfix kits...and I always begin my kits by painting the pilot...so imagine my horror on opening the revell box to find no pilot:o... any suggestions on where I  could source my Manfred from??? 

Also as I'm hopefully going to be building more ww1 fighters could someone tell me is it common practice for ww1 planes at 1/72 to come pilotless 

Kev.

Done some research online and found the cost of individual pilots to be a little excessive so I've bought a 1/72 tiger moth which comes with 2 pilots...tho not obviously ww1 it's close enough after a little scalpel work and paint. Worked out cheaper and gives me another model to build 😊

Edited by kev_1962

• 2 months later...

Only now, you have to find air crew for the 'Moth!  Sounds like a vicious (or delightful depending your point of view;)) circle.  Might be time for a diorama with it sitting quietly on the hardstand awaiting the day's activity... maybe with a tarp over the cockpits?