1/16th Trumpeter Sd,Kfz. 186

Gremlin56

Wheels on fire, rolling down the road.................................

Yep, will give a scale idea next photo shoot.

Bernie? As in Ecclestone?

That's the tiny guy with the statuesque Mrs. from Eastern Europe isn't he?

:rolleyes:

20/1 update.

Weathering the road wheels. Working on the "Mighty Maybach".

DSCN4493.jpg

DSCN4494.jpg

DSCN4496.jpg

DSCN4497.jpg

Decals on order since last week from Archer's, not arrived yet.

Oilpainters and magic-sculpt ordered from Germany Wednesday evening arriving any moment.

:)

• Like 7

Thanks Keith,

following Andy's advice here going slowly and adding layer by layer. Not there yet by a long margin but quite happy with the progress :)

Thanks Simon, the Maybach is a rather boxy looking engine IMHO. Considering the size of the beast it had to drag around not too big either but if you put it next to Wolfgang it suddenly becomes a very big engine.

Signature is from The Final Cut yes, but I am rather puzzled how it got there because I had Kipling's story of the wolf and the pack posted. I'll have to ask Mike about this I think. I do like a number of the texts Waters wrote on the Final Cut though with Possible Pasts and Paranoid Eye's being two that I consider extremely moving.I also enjoyed his first four solo albums with Amused to Death another high point in the list, (The lyrics of The Ballad of  Bill Hubbard have already made an appearance on another build I blogged here).

:rolleyes:

21/1 update.

The order from Germany arrived on time as expected:

DSCN4507.jpg

DSCN4508.jpg

Some weld seams coming up so the MS will be welcome there. The oil brushers are part of an experiment.

The order from Archer USA didn't arrive, hoping something shows in week 2.

I have been doing dire things to the road wheels based on the work of the Vallejo "Airbrushing and weathering techniques " written by Rob Ferreira, (worth buying if you can get hold of a copy).

The pigment fixer was still drying when I took the snaps.

DSCN4502.jpg

DSCN4503.jpg

DSCN4504.jpg

The Maybach is still proceeding, this is the first test fit, still unpainted.

DSCN4505.jpg

DSCN4506.jpg

All for today..........................................

B)

• Like 7

Same here with the photos but if you click on the first one it then brings them all up in your account page I think  :book:

All looking good in there mate

beefy

• Like 1

It gets to be an even tighter fit with all the piping and the carbs on top. in the compartments next to the Maybach the air filters and more fuel tanks are shoe-horned in,

long way off yet though. Still several more weekends working on more road wheels and the "bottom of the beast" or should that be underside :rolleyes:

Thanks Keith,

Yep, seems to keep growing too ;)

The guys at Slick Pic are very good at quick response to problems. The photos were fixed yesterday evening shortly after I mailed them.

Hi Simon,

I think the carpet monster would choke on the Maybach :)

Amazingly it still fits perfectly in the central compartment at the stern of the JT. Says a lot about th CAD design of models nowadays.

:D

• Like 2