1/16th Trumpeter Sd,Kfz. 186

Gremlin56

7/5 update.

Finishing the paint jobs on my dynamic crewmen. Also wiring their ear-goggles and throat mikes. Then the last round of weathering for Heavy Duty Judy:

P5071260.jpg

P5071261.jpg

P5071262.jpg

The main part of the Spitfire build is finished, considering what to do with it now :blink::think:

• Like 7

Looking very sharp Julian the crew that is I must try and get some practice in with some of my 35 scale figures soon got a few GI's to do for a Sherman build soon

Beefy

• Like 1

Thanks gentlemen,

Like the "Fat Judy" title, she is huge. It's been a fun build and is now very nearly finished. Some final weathering and then time to start thinking about a next project.

Here is a small 12/5 update.

Werner and Wolfgang are now completely wired up and can now communicate with each other.

DSCN5013.jpg

DSCN5016.jpg

DSCN5014.jpg

B)

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, longshanks said:

Both figures are looking great

Good to see you've got over your self doubt on figure work

Kev

Not completely yet Kev, getting to understand the necessary techniques and improving but not quite there yet, (close but not touching :P). Of course 1/16th is especially dreadful with every wart showing up....................................................................

• Like 1

The wires of the figures make them look even more real, perhaps because of the scale, which allows a magnificent level of detail, if you know them, as is the case.
I really want to see more photos ...
:popcorn:

Cheers Julian :cheers:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrancisGL said:

The wires of the figures make them look even more real, perhaps because of the scale, which allows a magnificent level of detail, if you know them, as is the case.
I really want to see more photos ...
:popcorn:

Cheers Julian :cheers:

Hi Francis, the wires I used are for model railways and are about the thinnest I could find. If you calculate the thickness of the wires to real life I think Werner and Wolfgang would have trouble holding their heads up due to the weight of these wires. It is nice to use them though because fitting, painting and being able to see them is easier at this scale.

What's your next project going to be?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gremlin56 said:

Hi Francis, the wires I used are for model railways and are about the thinnest I could find. If you calculate the thickness of the wires to real life I think Werner and Wolfgang would have trouble holding their heads up due to the weight of these wires. It is nice to use them though because fitting, painting and being able to see them is easier at this scale.

What's your next project going to be?

I've never done anything more 1/35 grade, maybe that's why my "clinical eye" is a bit cross-eyed ... :hypnotised: lol, but as you say maybe it fits more like medical stethoscopes, but even so, they look very cool, at be clearly separated from the body and not be part of the mold.

Looks like I hit the nickname Judy (it was obvious ...), I'm glad you like it, and no, I will not charge you copyright ...
:fight: lol.

I do not know what I will do, although I want some things more than others, the M48 seems to have not liked much for what I see, and is that if you form part of a forum, IHMO, is supposed to share your opinions, tricks, techniques and jobs ...
and if there is not much feedback (for better or for worse, for good I hope :whistle:) the purpose is somewhat blurred. cheers Julian :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Wouldn't take the lack of response as negative Francis, some builds take off and generate mails and some are either missed or ignored, that is the way things work ;)

No reason to stop building and posting though, your weathering shows amazing progress with each new build/blog.

:smile:

• Like 1

Poor Werner and Wolfang, their necks must be hurting😂.

Great Build, rtop notch modelling.

What is the weight of the finished model, if I may ask?

🍾Prost

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Blaubar said:

🍾Prost

Vielen dank Blaubar,

I bet their necks are hurting, looks less painful zoomed out a bit.

I haven't weighed it yet, will check that out next weekend.

;)

10 hours ago, mick said:

great camo work

Thanks Mick, the wonders of Panzer putty (intelligent putty) made it a snap.

cheers,

:smile:

The figures are really starting to bring Judy to life now Julian

I take it the badges for the caps and arm bands were transfers or did you paint them on  :hypnotised:

beefy

• Like 1

With the figures finished and in place this whole project is going to look so awesome! As alway - a masterclass in modelling! :worthy::worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

16 hours ago, beefy66 said:

I take it the badges for the caps and arm bands were transfers or did you paint them on  :hypnotised:

Knowing Julian I would say that he sewed them on LOL.

Fine painting and weathering mate.

Simon.

• Like 1

17/5 update.

Things have ground to a total halt due to real life. Thanks for the kind remarks guys, all very much appreciated but not worthy of the "master class" moniker ;)

The insignias and other rank and file markings are not painted or sewn on:

http://www.am-works.com/products/land/figure-detailing-items/

An option that causes a lot less stress and looks really good. Hope to get things back to normal soon, just extremely busy at the moment,

B)

• Like 1

On 15-5-2017 at 8:44 AM, Blaubar said:

🍾Prost

Checked it, not as bad as I thought: 3 kilos ( or maybe the scales are bad and I weigh less :clap::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gremlin56 said:

Checked it, not as bad as I thought: 3 kilos ( or maybe the scales are bad and I weigh less :clap::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:)

hahaha^^, we will see

• Like 1

19/5 update.

In a sort of limbo at the moment trying to find out where "Mo & Jo"went (thanks for that one Kev, brilliant description of modeller's burn out). WW I has caught my rather jaded attention after having bought several Meng and Tacom masterpieces. I have splurged on the very first German Panzer (which very much resembles a garden slug with a huge number of guns fitted) along with metal Mg's and cannon barrels.Also toying with the Tacom Whippet. Need something to itch my scratch after HD Judy.............................

DSCN5017.jpg

DSCN5019.jpg

DSCN5018.jpg

DSCN5020.jpg

DSCN5021.jpg

:huh:

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Kris B said:

Is there anywhere here the topic for this Whippet? 

Er, no. What's the problem?

27 minutes ago, longshanks said:

Like where this is going .....

Soon have jo back on top of mo :nodding:

Kev

Hi Kev,

Sounds rather unlike an all ages thread. Hope so though, Nearly 6 months of HD Judy have brought the productive juices to a coagulated standstill,

(that will bring a lot of people to a rather stumped stop ;)).

Seem to be several viewers who are not used to my plastic buffoonery :P

• Like 1

Going from 70 tonnes back to 20 tonnes (or whatever those ww1 things weighed)? It will be easy lifting for you :lalala: . I will be watching with wide open eyes.

• Like 1