1/16th Trumpeter Sd,Kfz. 186

Gremlin56

1 hour ago, Spookytooth said:

I see that you are right(left) on track there Gremlin.

At least that area is out the way now, just the painting/weathering to do on them.

Simon.

Thanks Simon, nice way to try out some new colors.....................

1 hour ago, FrancisGL said:

They look very workable, I would totally say, I do not think there is anything wrong once finished ...:popcorn:

Cheers Julian :D

Hi Francis, thanks mate, the worst part was building the tracks. Plain sailing from now on ;)

1 hour ago, Ripaman said:

That looks like one of the big parts of the build out of the way Julian, they look good, wheels do look very good and the three colours bring out the meanness of the beast.

It is family day here in Alberta and I like your idea of have a nice glass of wine so I think I will open a bottle of Chateauneuf-du-pape :yes:

Regards

Richard 

Tracks are always rather mind numbing but this is now completed. Think its time to let the 3 colors go now, not really too noticeable under the pigments and mudguards ;)

The Chateauneuf sounds like a great way to let time slip by, enjoy yourself Richard,

cheers,

Julian

58 minutes ago, longshanks said:

Wow that is looking Beefy  Chunky (Sorry Keith)

Certainly is an impressive bit of kit. Seeing that coming towards you   :mg:

you'll be wishing you dug your foxhole deeper.............

Kev

I don't think it would head in at an impressive speed, more like an aggressive waddle towards the enemy (seen the films, my old gran would have outrun one of these in her wheelchair :clif:)

5 minutes ago, Gremlin56 said:

I don't think it would head in at an impressive speed, more like an aggressive waddle towards the enemy (seen the films, my old gran would have outrun one of these in her wheelchair :clif:)

I thought that they were designed as an ambush type of vehicle, not a sprinter type.

But with those wide tracks, they would probably covered most terrains.

Simon. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KAYELL said:

Impressive weathering on the running gear

Cheers

Keith

Thanks Keith, hope it's not OTT ;).  I think I'll take a couple of snaps with my Olympus today because the weathering of the wheels and tracks isn't showing up the way I would like. After "Buttercup" I am careful no to put too much weathering on.

Cheers

Julian

24/2 update.

Tried using the Olympus but still not satisfied with the results. Started work on the fighting compartments rear b8ulkhead. Ran into the first major fit item and it is major. Time out to think what next.

P2241189.jpg

P2241192.jpg

P2241194.jpg

P2241195.jpg

P2241196.jpg

B)

• Like 8

On 2/23/2017 at 4:09 PM, longshanks said:

Wow that is looking Beefy  Chunky (Sorry Keith)

Hey kev how did you guess my other nickname  ;)

Julian I think you have just the right amount of weathering on the running gear not OTT at all

I,am sure you will work out that fit problem with the Hatch doors a little angled light sanding on either door maybe  :idea:

Beefy( Chunk ; Hey you Guy,s )  :smirk:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

24/2 update.

Tried using the Olympus but still not satisfied with the results.

P2241189.jpg

Well, the quality of the pictures is excellent in my opinion ... I wish I could do the same, but I don't have a proper DC right now.

E

• Like 3

12 hours ago, beefy66 said:

Hey kev how did you guess my other nickname  ;)

Julian I think you have just the right amount of weathering on the running gear not OTT at all

I,am sure you will work out that fit problem with the Hatch doors a little angled light sanding on either door maybe  :idea:

Beefy( Chunk ; Hey you Guy,s )  :smirk:

Thanks Keith,

the fit problem isn't the rear bulkhead, it's the entire upper hull unfortunately. Working out what to trim down to get it fitting nicely again :rage:

11 hours ago, Etienne said:

Well, the quality of the pictures is excellent in my opinion ... I wish I could do the same, but I don't have a proper DC right now.

E

Thank you Etienne, it's the colors that are not showing up properly, probably need to work on the lighting ,

Julian

8 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

The first wheel looks very real that dust that has attached, and even if it is not to your liking, you have achieved a very high detail...:popcorn:

Cheers Julian

Thanks Francis, the effect itself I read about in the Vallejo book "Airbrushing and weathering techniques" written by Rob Ferreira. Rob gives a very concise description of how he adds this effect to his builds.

26/2 update.

Working on upper hull fit, rear fighting compartment bulkhead, engine cover grilles and forward fighting compartment bulkhead:

DSCN4654.jpg

DSCN4655.jpg

DSCN4656.jpg

DSCN4657.jpg

DSCN4658.jpg

DSCN4662.jpg

DSCN4663.jpg

DSCN4664.jpg

Doing some rather drastic surgery inside the rear hull at the moment getting things to fit :yikes:

Cheers

:wicked:

• Like 7