1/16th Trumpeter Sd,Kfz. 186

Gremlin56

With the PT-boat build nearing it's end it would appear to be time to pull the JT from the stash and start the build............................................................

Photos of box contents here:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235010063-trumpeter-116th-jagdtiger/&page=1

1 minute ago, longshanks said:

:popcorn: :beer:

Do you need a hand to lift it onto the bench?

Kev

Er, it doesn't fit on the bench and I have a hernia from pulling it out of the stash. Couldn't resist this one Kev, too tempting.............................................a bit like Claudia Schiffer in leather or Suzie Quatro, er, in leather.....................................................................

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, longshanks said:

Stop it

Id swap your JT for either of the above in an instant, sorry.........

Kev

I would too but they weren't available for about 200 Euros and the JT was..................................................go figure. Plus the less chance of having my head bashed in by Mrs. Grem56.....

• Like 2

I agree with the Suzi Quatro in leather pants, enough to take your mind off anything.

Can`t you borrow one of the cranes down at the lock to lift it onto the bench LOL.

A seriously big box, seen one in our local model shop.

Will be stocking up on a lot of :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: plus :drink:.

Simon.

• Like 1

Hi Simon, it's a whopping great box, heavy too. It will be interesting to see how the beast builds up. The IV had a couple of surprises built in I ran into, wonder if Trumpie have upped their game again.

Cheers mate,

:)

KIck off 10/12 2016.

Spent a lot of time cleaning away ejector pin marks. Dry fitting the lower hull sides and already sending me scurrying off to the reference material.

DSCN4307.jpg

DSCN4308.jpg

DSCN4309.jpg

DSCN4310.jpg

DSCN4311.jpg

From such humble beginnings a whopping great Hunting Tiger will hopefully emerge :analintruder:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, longshanks said:

My you have an impressive beast there matey :rolleyes:

Can you give us the dimensions length and width, looking big against  your work bench.

Kev

I´ll fix that tomorrow Kev, it is bigger than I first thought. Imagine this in ambush camo, should be a stunner........................................

1 hour ago, Dads203 said:

That's nice Julian , is this you making a start on the beast :) 

I'm going to have to follow this build 

Hi Dan, thanks for joining in here. I have a benchmark to keep in mind, your build of the JT. Hope to get as good a result as you did.

1 hour ago, Spookytooth said:

That is clunking big Gremlin.

Going to be fun there.

Simon.

Yes, unfortunately Mrs. Gremlin 56 has spotted it´s size as well :fight:

It will be fun but as usual size does matter :shocked:

1 hour ago, FrancisGL said:

What a monster! I'm on the mount ...:popcorn:, and Buttercup? :), cheers Julian

Buttercup will come into view again during the build of the JT I am sure Francis, too good a chance to show them together ;)

• Like 1

Great to see this one getting started Julian, it's certainly going to keep you busy! Will certainly be following your progress :thumbsup:

I saw you question some parts in your photos and your right on both counts. Trumpeter made a mess of the brackets for the spare periscopes though. They should look more like this when empty.

DSCF2793.jpg

That transformer may actually be a fuse box, not 100% sure. The transformers for the radios were stored in the box that attaches below it. Power cables for the radios went into the opening in that box to the transformers.

DSCF2929.jpg

:D

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback Matt, I ordered a set of discs today of the KT from the Saumur tank museum:

http://www.panzerbasics.com/index_files/25-disks/saumur-disk.htm

Should provide a bit more reference material. I read your comments on the KT hull and I have the impression that the Trumpeter have done some reworking on bloopers you mentioned.

More about that at a later stage,

Cheers

Julian

11/12 update.

Matt confirmed the spare prism holders and fuse box/power transformer so i spent some time removing the kit parts and repairing the holes I have made before scratch building the prism holders and fuse box. I have ordered some photo discs for interior reference. Not planning to replace everything but some things. On Kev's request a ruler taped to the side of the JT. Works out at about 18.5 inches in length but fixing start and finish point a little vague at the moment.

DSCN4315.jpg

DSCN4317.jpg

DSCN4318.jpg

DSCN4320.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, beefy66 said:

Will you also be building an extension to the garage to keep all these BIG beasts in.

Getting settled in to watch this progress  :popcorn: :popcorn:

Beefy

Hate to say it but have been binning a few of the older builds to make room. Photographic evidence of the builds still available but the actual builds have disappeared to the furnace in Alkmaar.

No way I can store these big kits and I get my kicks building, not displaying.................................................................:unsure:

• Like 2